Anyone put any 6.5 components in there doors?

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
no i dont plan on subs... just extra weight lol. I think i will be happy with this setup and then i can put the money that i would spend on the amp and subs towards engine mods :naughty:

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Just make more horsepower so it can haul that weight! ;D

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Ya i suppose a turbo would make up for the weight lol.

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Well the amp wiring showed up today so i started on it. I knew i wouldnt finish it because i need to get some 1/4 to make the adapters. Well i got the amp mounted and the wires are all ran. I have to mount the x-overs, swap the speakers and run the speaker wires. I ran into a little problem. I didnt know the amp needed special connectors. They say to use a "spade plug" for the power and that is the only mention of what to use (all of the amp terminals are the same they are circular with a set screw). I thought that just the bare wire or reg spade terminal was what i was supposed to use but the spade terminals are too wide. I did turn it on and i was pleasently suprised when it light up. It is blue and looks cool. May see if i can switch it to green. I was debating on how to mount it to the back of the backseat. Should i mount it so it is right side up when the seat is closed or when i have the seat down it is facing the right way for the inside(this is how i have it now)? Hopefully japshack (radioshack ;D ) will have the damn connectors i need so i can finish putting it together w/o having to wait for connectors to show up. I think they are open tomorrow so hopefully i can get back to buttoning it up. Ill get some pics up when i finish it. I might get some chrome "hold downs" or w/e you want to call them to tiddy up the wiring @ the amp.

These are what i need i guess ???
new-spade-pair-200.jpg

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
the vents are facing the sides. There is 2 smaller vents on one side and a bigger one on the other side with the fan being on the top center where the "z" is. I dont think i could mount it vertically and still close the seat plus this way the wires will look better. What i am talking about is putting it upside down or rightside up when the back seat is closed. If i do it upside down then when i drop the seat it would be right when the seat was down (that is how i have it now). I may flip it so when you open the trunk it is rightside up. The good news is i do not need plugs i was told that they are meant for bare wire which is good. I will pry almost finish it up tonight. ill be sure to get pics of it. I wont be able to get the 1/4 i need for the adapters till tomorrow and i will be busy cutting up a deer so i pry wont get it completely done till tues/wed.

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
I didnt get much done. Spent most of the day hunting. I Mounted the tweeters and got the wires to the x-overs from the amp and figured out where i am going to put the x-overs. I think i will put them on the side of the footwells (i dunno wtf to call them basically beside where your feet are lol). Ill put the passenger side on the left and the drivers side on the right just infront of where the plastic for the console ends. Bad news is the wires broke off one of the tweeters :rant: . I should be able to resolder them back on though. Ill have to go get a solder iron, all we have is one of those cold heat solder irons and that thing is worthless pain in the ass to use. I dunno if ill get anything done i have a deer hanging that needs to be cut up in the next few days.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
kickpannels....ya I never though of that, I have mine under my seats, that would be a much better spot.

lol cold heat are garbage, good luck with the soldering make sure you dont drip it on the tweeter.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I put my X-overs in the well under my rear seat. The ones that came with my Boston Pro 6.5's are huge so i stuck all 4 in there.

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
if you pop off the bottom of the back seat there is a space underneath it.

I got everything buttoned up for the most part. I had a problem getting spade terminals to fit the x-overs so i had to do a little rigging till i get the proper terminals but it is up and running. Sounds great :dancing6: , it was worth freezing my butt off for a few nights and cussing most of last night... i put the x-overs straight across from the kick panels (on carpet infront of the center cosole). They will be out of the way more plus i can still adjust them easily if i want. ill get some pics up when it is light out tomorrow. Here are a few pics that i took tonight.
IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

The blue light is pretty cool. Ima look at it and see if i can change it for a green one because that would be badass. What color do you think i should paint the orange pieces? I was thinking of painting them matching dfg or maybe get that mirage color shifting paint(maybe the ice or silver/green). i also got to find something to fasten the wires down coming out of the amp to tiddy it up a little bit. Dunno what i am going to use but im going to do some looking and see what i can find.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yeah under the "rear" seat...its a pretty big space. I thought of mounting my 6 disk in there and making a cutout in the seat floor front for access but i'm too lazy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online