Anyone putting down 300rwhp or more N/A......

98mstanggt

Reaction score
I'm trying break the 300rwhp mark N/A........ Trying to see has anyone on here done it yet......

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
I'm trying break the 300rwhp mark N/A........ Trying to see has anyone on here done it yet......

man..that shits impossible.

lol...Pi swapped with long tubes and a set of cams should do it.

I dont know if anyones got over 300 here but its definately possible with bolt ons ported heads, cams, long tubes, tune.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
I think JLangton is over 300 on his naturally aspirated NPI. There are a lot of guys on modular misfits and modular depot over that mark as well.

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
I mean I got the money..... I'm just trying to see whoever got to that mark what all they had to do......

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
I mean I got the money..... I'm just trying to see whoever got to that mark what all they had to do......

cheapest way with a 98 gt would be pi heads, pi intake, long tubes, and a set of cams at the same time...get it tuned too.

98mustanggtkid

Reaction score
Muscle Mustangs and Fast fords did a whole big tech article on doing just that using a 96 GT its called "red headed step child" its pretty neat what they did before the PI swap to get it over 300 to the wheels :dancing6:

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
I'm getting stage 3 ported pi heads and personally the pi heads without being ported suck ( no offense to nobody) but Im still deciding on which intake to get and I'm going with aggressive cams, mac longtubes , mac prochamber x pipe , a tune gotta get some ud pulleys too............ Currently I have CAi , 75mm t/b w/ upper plenum, and flowmaster cat back system

steedastang

Reaction score
i made 291 on a mustang dyno. Thats about right. I doubt you would want to go my route though. I would love to add a buitl engine w/ flat top pistons and port my heads to get around 350-370 to the wheels but that takes more green than i want to spend. I would rather spend it on a down payment for a C6.
Being NA is fun because it is different. Its the hard way that never pays off as much as you want it to. :)

Good luck

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
yeah that does require more money..... I was thinking about getting a kb supercharger but superchargers high as hell plus I would have to get built internals so my bottom end wouldnt. Blow up n I dont even wanna think how much that would cost so I'm sticking to being n/a at least for now........

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I've been over 300, and it took more than PI heads and cams.

it was Longtubes, Stage II ported PI heads, VT stage II N/A cams, full exhaust, tune.

I wouldn't bother doing N/A again, ever.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I was at 285rwhp through my auto N/A a few years back.

I was running VT st2 heads and Comp 270ah cams on a stock NPI shortblock. Steeda Pullies, dynomax shorts/basanni x pipe/borla catback/ C&L plenum & CAI/ BBK 75mm TB/ Livewires ignition-wire setup/ denso iridium plugs and a bunch of other crap...with a SCT tune.

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
Well I'm currently researching parts now and my car is an automatic..... Currently have cai, 75mm t/b w/u plenum n flow master cat back......But so far this the list of parts I'm adding....... Ported Stage 3 pi heads, pi intake, stage 2 cams, ud pulleys, Mac longtube headers, Mac pro-chamber mid pipe, a tune, msd ignition upgrades, 3.73 gears n a torque converter.....after this I think I should be around 300rwhp or more......

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
This kids an e-builder.

Where you getting all this cash to do 7,000 dollars worth of shit at once?

Why wouldnt you just get a blower?

4k for a blower, pi intake, pi cams and you will have 350+ rwhp

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online