Anyone putting down 300rwhp or more N/A......

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
In the Video I was hoping to hear u rev that baby or even do a drive by lol......... But yeah I'm get my tuned to 6500rpm that why them cams really can show off......ima try to go to the track to see what I run in 1/4 mile with the mods I got now...... I wanna see your numbers and track times

simplyme0484

Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
In the Video I was hoping to hear u rev that baby or even do a drive by lol......... But yeah I'm get my tuned to 6500rpm that why them cams really can show off......ima try to go to the track to see what I run in 1/4 mile with the mods I got now...... I wanna see your numbers and track times

LOL.... I'm gona make a better video soon, and you'll seen the beast roar and go :hammer:. That was just a quick vid.

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
simplyme0484 said:
98mstanggt said:

LOL.... I'm gona make a better video soon, and you'll seen the beast roar and go :hammer:. That was just a quick vid.
Aight thats cool so what's your next move or u gone enjoy your car how it is for a lil while...... My mechanic keep trying to convience me to get a procharger lol

McCloud

Reaction score
I have VT Stg II cams, more agressive than the comp 274s and I dont need to rev my car to 6600. Given I have stock heads and PI intake, I stop making power around 5900 and then level off. Unless you have a built bottom end, revving it to 7200 is just gonna end up in heartbreak for you.

Oh and 98mstanggt, you are wasting your time ordering a 2600 rpm stall. The stock one is rated at 2750! Go with a 3500 at the minimum!

simplyme0484

Reaction score
McCloud said:
I have VT Stg II cams, more agressive than the comp 274s and I dont need to rev my car to 6600. Given I have stock heads and PI intake, I stop making power around 5900 and then level off. Unless you have a built bottom end, revving it to 7200 is just gonna end up in heartbreak for you.

Oh and 98mstanggt, you are wasting your time ordering a 2600 rpm stall. The stock one is rated at 2750! Go with a 3500 at the minimum!

Well I have st.3 ported heads and the typhoon IM, my car keeps producing HP until the 6600 rpm. I'm not reving it until 7200 (we just test it), even when I go down 2 and 1 gear, I throw and rev till 6500 rpm. Cams alone won't produce that much power if not backed up with heads, headers, IM, ect..

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
McCloud said:

Man to tell you the truth idk what stall ima use...... Comp Cam state u need a 2000+ stall with the 274h Cams, some say I'll stock stall is 1800 some say 2600 so I really dont know which one to get......

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
If I remember right the stock stall is 2600-2800ish... I have a 3000 stall (from previous owner) and its not enough.

Man I can wait to see what kind of numbers you through down..... Car sounds awesome :thumb:

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
Outlaw97GT said:
If I remember right the stock stall is 2600-2800ish... I have a 3000 stall (from previous owner) and its not enough.

Man I can wait to see what kind of numbers you through down..... Car sounds awesome :thumb:
Ima have to do some research about our stall cause I need some proof ha ha........

Man I just installed my 3.73s the other day n I gotta a weird noise coming from the rearend any idea what this might be my mechanic said after a couple days it should go away but idk

Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
Outlaw97GT said:

Ima have to do some research about our stall cause I need some proof ha ha........

Man I just installed my 3.73s the other day n I gotta a weird noise coming from the rearend any idea what this might be my mechanic said after a couple days it should go away but idk
stallspeed.jpg

No less than 3500 with stock cams,and no less than 4000 with a set of cams-maybe more. I run a 4000rpm converter in my car,and it's barely enough with a 4.30 gear. I've got ported heads,and Comp 270AH cams,and peak power is at 6000 rpms.
JL

Reaction score
98mstanggt said:
3500-4000 stall Just seem like too much for a daily driver
Flawed dinosaur (60's non-lockup auto trans) thinking. With a lockup converter and the EEC tuned properly for lockup schedule,the only time it's different from stock is in 1st gear. I drive mine all the time,and it gets just over 20mpg on the highway with the A/C on.
JL

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
Johnny Langton said:
98mstanggt said:
3500-4000 stall Just seem like too much for a daily driver
Flawed dinosaur (60's non-lockup auto trans) thinking. With a lockup converter and the EEC tuned properly for lockup schedule,the only time it's different from stock is in 1st gear. I drive mine all the time,and it gets just over 20mpg on the highway with the A/C on.
JL
Well i got plenty of time to decide which stall to get so hopefully i get the right one for my car.............. Ima look into some more because i dont wanna put the head n cams on without the stall so :dunno:

navarro98gt

Reaction score
What kind of Fuel injectors & MAF setup are you guys running? I just got my car back from getting dyno-tuned and my tuner said that I maxed out the stock 19lb injectors at 284rwhp @ 5200rpm . Mods below………

1998 Mustang GT Auto
2001 P&P PI heads, valve job
CMS Stage 2 n/a cams
C&L plenum
75mm t-body
Hooker longtubes
o/r X pipe
Mac Catback

Reaction score
navarro98gt said:
What kind of Fuel injectors & MAF setup are you guys running? I just got my car back from getting dyno-tuned and my tuner said that I maxed out the stock 19lb injectors at 284rwhp @ 5200rpm . Mods below………

1998 Mustang GT Auto
2001 P&P PI heads, valve job
CMS Stage 2 n/a cams
C&L plenum
75mm t-body
Hooker longtubes
o/r X pipe
Mac Catback
I'm running 24lb/hr injectors and an 80mm Lightning MAF. The OE MAF is sufficient for a N/A application-I use the Lightning piece because I got it cheap.
JL

navarro98gt

Reaction score
[/quote]
I'm running 24lb/hr injectors and an 80mm Lightning MAF. The OE MAF is sufficient for a N/A application-I use the Lightning piece because I got it cheap.
JL
[/quote]

So I probably wouldn’t benefit with a lightning MAF? And 24lb/hr injectors will be good enough?

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
JL
[/quote]Well I'm still running my stock injectors n maf sensor right now but when I put my heads n cams I'm running 24lb injectors n a 190lph fuel Pump with that u shouldn't have any fuel problems....... But as far as the lightning Maf I heard u don't really gain anything switching from stock to a larger Maf maybe a couple horses correct me if I'm wrong

So I probably wouldn’t benefit with a lightning MAF? And 24lb/hr injectors will be good enough?
[/quote]

OP
OP
98mstanggt

98mstanggt

Reaction score
navarro98gt said:
So where did you guys buy your injectors?
I havent purchased mine yet so i really couldnt tell u but just about any Mustang site sell them though :thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online