Anyone running 18s rear and 17s front?

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Here's my reasoning. When I bought the car it had and still has 17x9 bullits from AM up front and some cheap ass knock off 17x9s in the rear. You can tell by the chrome and the weight of the wheel. They even look a little different. I really want to upgrade to 18s anyway and want a deep dish in the rear. If nothing else , AM wheels in the rear too.
So I'm thinking I could buy a pair of AM 18x10 deep dish bullits and put a set of 275 40zr18s on them which I already have had laying around. My research shows that the sidewall heights are about the same.

Is anyone doing this? Please post pics.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Well the tires I have for the rear came from a zo6 vette and they did do 17s up front for a couple years and it didn't look too off to me at least. And the front tires I have are the same size as the 17" zo6 tires so I'd just like to see it on a mustang.

This is would only be until taxes come back. Then I'll get some 18x9s for the front.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
I think it looks off. 18s all the way around ftw.

I agree 100% but I'm gonna do it cause I already have the tires for 18s. Can't afford a full set yet but I will by summer.
Ive gotta get these junk wheels off the back of my car.

RonBurgandy

Reaction score
I will be goin 17s up front and 18s out back when i break down and buy new rims

Brought to you from a a land far far far very far veryy very far away

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Vettes and the wheels were designed for it so it fits the car better. That red car looks pretty good but a lot of mustang wheels vary a lot between 17 and 18". The important thing is to have the same sidewall front to rear which means you're either going to have tiny looking front tires or slightly oversized rear tires. If it's temporary then who cares.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i think it looks good on that mustang. never see this though so i'm interested in what it looks like.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Vettes and the wheels were designed for it so it fits the car better. That red car looks pretty good but a lot of mustang wheels vary a lot between 17 and 18". The important thing is to have the same sidewall front to rear which means you're either going to have tiny looking front tires or slightly oversized rear tires. If it's temporary then who cares.

Yea, I did a lot of research on running diff wheels sizes. The 245/45s/ I have on the front have just a little more of sidewall than the 18" tires. It may look right it may look goofy. I may find a full set on CL first. But it's nice to see that it is possible to do it right.

96gt4.6

Reaction score
when i can finally buy rims im thinking about going with 19's in the back and 18's in the front

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
i think it looks good on that mustang. never see this though so i'm interested in what it looks like.
Im really glad you started this thread because I had similar questions. I was concerned it would look funky but I am into doing things different that look really good. Must be a reason why its not common but I am still undecided. I hope we get to see more pics.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Im really glad you started this thread because I had similar questions. I was concerned it would look funky but I am into doing things different that look really good. Must be a reason why its not common but I am still undecided. I hope we get to see more pics.

Well neither American muscle or LMR sell 17/18 packages so people really don't even think about it I guess. After seeing that red stang I think they should start selling them.

Rick98Z

Reaction score
http://

New at posting pics, hope this works...275's up front on 17's with 315's in rear on 18's...sorry for crappy cell phone pic

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Nice. An SN with a 17/18 setup. You can see just like mine would be. The front tire sidewall is just a little taller than the rear. But barely noticeable. Looks good.

Rick98Z

Reaction score
I don't think the different wheel size looks bad...this is actually my first sn95 though. New to the Ford scene altogether lol...just bought this a week ago and trying to figure it all out and what the PO's had all done to the car...Rear tires are 315's and had been rubbing fenders previously, not sure if they still do though. Gotta lot to learn about these cars!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online