Anyone running 4cyl foxbody springs?

QwanSanchez

Reaction score
I recently decided that building my car for open track is just going to be too expensive right now, college studet, so i'm switching gears to the strip. I'm running H&R Super Sport springs right now and they have horriable front to back weight transfer so i'm looking to change over to some lakewood shocks/struts and some different springs. I've heard that 4cyl foxbody springs work great for weight transfer and that if you cut 1/4 to 1 full coil of that back springs it will even the car out. Does anyone here have them on their car so i can see what the ride height looks like?

blown4point6

Reaction score
I have high mileage fox body springs in the front. I like the way it sits. But I need to get caster camber plates as I have already ruined a set of front tires. They say if you buy new springs you sometimes need to cut a coil to get a nice lowered stance. Mine were really used so they squated nicely. They also transfer weight really good too. Maybe even a little too much. But for free I can't complain. The rear springs are stock. They are a little higher but when I have my regular rims on it looks good IMO.

Aaron074.jpg

Aaron075.jpg

blown4point6

Reaction score
^
l

blown4point6 said:
I have high mileage fox body springs in the front. I like the way it sits. But I need to get caster camber plates as I have already ruined a set of front tires. They say if you buy new springs you sometimes need to cut a coil to get a nice lowered stance. Mine were really used so they squated nicely. They also transfer weight really good too. Maybe even a little too much. But for free I can't complain. [size=10pt]The rear springs are stock[/size]. They are a little higher but when I have my regular rims on it looks good IMO.

MrNiceGuy

Reaction score
reading > me

i just looked at the car and it looked lower than mine and i posted before reading.. my bad

Nacho

Reaction score
I did this swap not too long ago and don't regret it. I even cut off one full coil cause they were much taller than my sportlines. The car sits just right, for my taste, and the weight transfer is awesome. No problems driving it either. It's not bouncy at all. I like the stiff firm ride a sports car offers and I stuck with it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online