anyone running a 15x10 rear wheel?

d_punch

Reaction score
i'm looking to buy weld wheels and i'm alittle worry running a 10 inch rear wheel. but i would hate to dump money on wheels and tires and have a rubbing issues. but then again i would hate to buy 8 inch rears and wish i went bigger.

so anyone running 10 inch wheels out back and have an issues? what size tire are you running and what back spacing ?
even if you don't have any issues whats your setup and whore pics be my guest.

thanks
joe

blackfang

Reaction score
Weld Pro Stars 15x10 w/ 6.5" backspace running a BFG DR 275/50r15. I ground the caliper bolt and running a small spacer and no clearance issues.

Here is a pic right when I swapped them at work
Welds1.jpg

Welds5.jpg

OP
OP
D

d_punch

Reaction score
that looks real nice

do you think if you had less back spacing that you wouldn't need the spacer or grind down the bolt? say like 5 inch BS? but then again wouldn't the rim stick out more? :comando:

keep them coming

Thanks
Joe

94yellowgt

Reaction score
15X10, 6.5 bs, 275/60/15 Nitto Drag Radial (almost 28" tall). I had to hammer alittle on the inner fender toward the rear and that was it. I could have went wider and I will next time. The rear wheels went on with no spacer and no grinding. Mine is a GT though.

OP
OP
D

d_punch

Reaction score
i do have a cobra but i really don't see a difference in the rear brakes from a GT to a Cobra. i think they even have the same calipers on the rear.
i know on the front it's a different story.
so is the difference of a 5.5 BS to having a 6.5 BS make the rim sit an inch further out? i would of thought that have the 6.5BS on a 10 inch rim would make the rim rub on the shock but i guess i was wrong.

i know what i'm buying for my birthday :boink:

S

scarface

the rear rotor is bigger on the cobra. double check the BS on other forums to be sure before you buy :)

OP
OP
D

d_punch

Reaction score
yeah your right i just looked at mine yesterday. i guess since it just sits there i tend to look at other mustang more than i do my own.

but it's not big enough for clearance issues on a 15 inch is it?

S

scarface

d_punch said:
yeah your right i just looked at mine yesterday. i guess since it just sits there i tend to look at other mustang more than i do my own.

yes it will interfere. the banjo bolt on the caliper will rub.

M

mustangman111

i run the same welds to i want to let you know though be CareFul with all the lugnuts. Keep them all in one certain box. I dont have spacers on the back but def. on the front. I took them off for inspection and I had all the lugnuts I had. I had someone put them on for me at work and a couple days later I noticed the front two tires leaning inward. I walked around and on every whell there was a lugnut missing. He ended up stripping all 4 studs and I had to pay 70 right now to fix the back tires and I still have to pay the same to fix the front. Just for your Future reference.

OP
OP
D

d_punch

Reaction score
scarface said:
d_punch said:

WTF :rant:

S

scarface

d_punch said:
scarface said:
d_punch said:

WTF :rant:
easy now bud! there are ways around it....small spacers will remedy it :)

OP
OP
D

d_punch

Reaction score
the problem is now i have to do what i didn't want to do in the first place. and thats put spacers all around. fuck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online