Anyone running an 80mm Pro-M MAF?

Caboose302

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a good way to make a true CAI with my Pro-M. I'm thinking I may have to make a shroud out of sheet metal by the way the MAF is designed. It's either that or I've seen people route it all the way out the fender out by the bumper but I really don't want to risk sucking up water going through a puddle. Has anyone ever made one or found one that fits? I also want it to support the filter so it's not "hanging" on the intake tube.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I had one many years ago when I had a c&l cai. They matched right up but I didn't keep it long since I got a 90mm LMAF for cheap and it went with my new cai better.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the majority of the CAI do not move the filter down the fender enough to be worried about puddles with the exception of the Anderson power pipe. I started off with a cheap ebay CAI which was fine. I would go with on that went through the fender myself

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's what I have. I didn't really do anything special with the install but with the Anderson pipe it puts the filter actually in the front cover touching the bottom. It's as low and far away as possible without sticking out.

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone 6 Plus

95opal

Reaction score
You can purchase 3" exhaust tubing and make it yourself.

OP
OP
Caboose302

Caboose302

Reaction score
Ok thanks. I just wasn't looking forward to extending the wires but it sounds like that might be the easiest option vs using my buddies sheet metal brake and fabricating a shield.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online