Anyone running MHS's 6061 aluminum elbow?

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
Im thinking about getting myself a little Christmas present and was curious to see what everyone's opinion is on MHS's elbow for the edelbrock intake manifold. I've heard great things from people about the rpm gains and horsepower and torque gains but would like to see an opinion from someone who might have a little experience with it.

http://www.modularheadshop.com/MHS-6061Elbow.aspx

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I run one with my Edelbrock manifold. It's actually made by Aaron Price, and MHS buys his product and sells them. Definitely a quality piece. Gains over a Accufab plenum? Eh probably not crazy, but when running high boost or lots of nitrous I'm sure there are some gains due to the increase in volume.

punched281

Reaction score
I have one, brand new. Like 15 miles on it. Let me know if your interested. I put a carb on so no need for it anymore. I'll sell it cheaper than MHS.

OP
OP
Ninety8stang

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
I run one with my Edelbrock manifold. It's actually made by Aaron Price, and MHS buys his product and sells them. Definitely a quality piece. Gains over a Accufab plenum? Eh probably not crazy, but when running high boost or lots of nitrous I'm sure there are some gains due to the increase in volume.

I love that set up man! it's looking really clean. did you notice any gains in rpm? I'm running comp 270's so i was hoping i would be able to pick up some extra rpm's so i dont have to step down in gear ratio due to the mph ill pick up on nitrous.

OP
OP
Ninety8stang

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
I have one, brand new. Like 15 miles on it. Let me know if your interested. I put a carb on so no need for it anymore. I'll sell it cheaper than MHS.

How much are you looking to get rid of it for? haha

punched281

Reaction score
what are they like 260 plus shipping? I will do 200 shipped. Was kinda waiting till the crown vic I have is ready for some fun but I could use the money for the wedding coming up haha.
I also have the fuel rails need to run the intake too. They were 100 new, I will give them to you for 50 bucks.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Crown vic! I was one the first 5speed modular vic back in the day! Their was a few 5.0l box vics built but no modulars. I took the same principle and applied it, turned out great and still going today. Loads of fun!

punched281

Reaction score
My dream is to make the vic look nice and classy then have a bolt on turbo built. Just make around 450 to make it a fun cruiser. You should post up some videos of your vic!

punched281

Reaction score
It is a love hate relationship with the looks of them. I hate them so much they are cool. haha

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I passed the car on to a friend. He rebuilt the engine, camming it but keeping all the pre '95 factory breathing restrictions. The 95vic was an ugly ride with a ton of room! Loved that space!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online