Anyone running the Trickflow Twisted Wedge 360HP Top End Kit?

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Just as the title states, anyone running it? I chose this kit for the simplicity if everything being done already and more importantly is has a lot of good parts. Now before anyone jumps on the why don't you s/c or turbo it bandwagon.. I'd like to in the future but I'm not sure F/I is in this cars future, atleast not anytime soon.. And I know people are going to say AFR head this, Holley intake that.. I'm only asking for input from people that have this actual kit. What's not included are lifters, and a throttlebody adapter and I'm pretty sure a spacer is required too. I will have a 70mm tb on the car, cai, 24lb injectors w/ calibrated MAF (probably pro-m), 255 lph fuel pump, and I think thats it for supporting mods, and ofcourse a dyno tune.. Oh and its an auto

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I'd just vortech it for now IMO

Rather than build the motor up? I'm like 65% with you, other 35% is telling me to do the HCI. Most of that is my dad telling me to build the motor, that powers always there where as the vortechs power is there when you hit it right? the Vortech V3 is good for like 320hp, idk if thats rwhp or not, but thats only 6 psi. No reason I couldn't run 8-9 psi

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Or do GT40 heads, ported Gt40 upper and lower, supporting mods and a Vortech..

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Been running their TW170s and a stage 1 cam now and love it, and yesterday in fact I just paid for a V3 Si trim and looking forward to lovin that.

Addermk2

Reaction score
People who boost their cars after doing an H/C/I, usually end up kicking their own ass wondering why they didn't just boost the car is the first place.

H/C/I cars often suffer from drivability problems. and the TFS cam that comes with your kit isnt great with boost. A vortech s/c kit will get you power now, is a bolt on mod, is easy to maintain... and you still have an engine that runs and idles like stock.

Addermk2

Reaction score
the cam

FWIW, a set of GT40's, Cobra intake and F303 can be had for around $800, and when coupled with your supercharger, can make a 400+hp street car.

Addermk2

Reaction score
id run an F303 with 1.7's on then exhaust side before running a TFS1 straight up for a s/c engine.

1bad9d5

Reaction score
dying to go turbo! boosted auto would be fun in general, but a turbo'd auto... damn. can auto's use bov's?

Yea 5.0 turbo is the way to do it man! Honestly idk though, I hear good things about people using auto for turbo but idk if they mean the regular stock auto.. Maybe somebody else can provide info on the BOV for autos

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Adders combo is basically exactly what's on my car f303 well worked gt40's but a heavily ported Chinese typhoon manifold with a a trim it should be more then enough fun for now . The vortech is nice you can have it done in a day with ease , where when a top end kit is more of a weekend job .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online