Anyone tried the Gates "RPM" series belts?

Wild Horses

Reaction score
This is what our shops parts rep suggested when we couldn't find the fleet runner HD belt in the lenth I needed. Apparently they're made for belt driven S/Cs. I've never heard of anyone using them...hell, I didn't know they existed till last week. For nearly 70 bucks the only way I can compare the belt to a normal one is like a drag radial to a street tire. Just wrapping it around a single pulley and feeling the fit compared to factory style is much much tighter and wayyyy stickier. The belt is tougher though, and I'm guessing this is due to its anti-stretch characteristics.

Im glad I spent the extra as of now. Let's see how it performs before I start praising this thing.

Heres pics until then. BTW this is obviously a six rib so it's for my Vortech SC trim setup. I was getting a good bit of belt slip once she heated up. Enough for 1-2 psi. Hopefully this will let me drop a pulley size.

IMG_3614_zpst8jfjswb.jpg

[/IMG]
regular gates on top RPM on bottom.
IMG_3622_zpsforeuicw.jpg

Normal left, RPM Right.

IMG_3615_zpsbqsldnec.jpg

Anybody else decide to go with one of these for their centrifugal blower?

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
This belt is quite nice so far. No slip whatsoever and she's been getting pretty warm today.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
As I recall several of our boosted guys use those belts religiously. They have a great name in the business!

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Been two seasons and this thing still has no slip. Ordered a new one for this coming year since I’m running a smaller notched pulley for some decent psi. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online