Anyone try LED headlights?

hotmustang95

Reaction score
Damn that sucks. I just recently bought new headlights so I was betting on an easy plug and play deal. Guess I'm screwed cause I'm not looking to do any $400 retrofit. Shit. Why the hell can't they just have a bulb with multiple LEDS on it?

hotmustang95

Reaction score
What about these Depo headlights I keep hearing about? They look like a regular housing with a projector deal in it. What happens then you stick a HID bulb in there?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
They had a fuzzy output almost like you would have with halogen. So if you like the looks, sure but even with HID it had that off-white/blue led color but the output just wasn't impressive.

hondarocks61

Reaction score
They had a fuzzy output almost like you would have with halogen. So if you like the looks, sure but even with HID it had that off-white/blue led color but the output just wasn't impressive.
Wouldn't that be more indicative of the bulb than the housing?

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

hotmustang95

Reaction score
Ok so I'm not going to buy another set of headlights or a retrofit kit. HIDs don't work very well in the OEM housing so I'm left with no choice and ordered some LEDs off Ebay. Anythings better then the stock bulbs. I researched as best I could and found these to be the best choice @ only $56.00 so it's worth a try. I'll do a before and after on my build thread once I get them. http://www.ebay.com/itm/191693667389

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ok so I'm not going to buy another set of headlights or a retrofit kit. HIDs don't work very well in the OEM housing so I'm left with no choice and ordered some LEDs off Ebay. Anythings better then the stock bulbs. I researched as best I could and found these to be the best choice @ only $56.00 so it's worth a try. I'll do a before and after on my build thread once I get them. http://www.ebay.com/itm/191693667389

Your gong to hate those worse then an a hid in a standard bulp. Get somethig local and returnable to be sure. They have too many hot spots ohe them at the moment for me and would prbabobly be better with an HID lens.

I love tecnology and that tecno-fools like msyelf always wast the latest and great but I thnk we are missing some key point on the led and laser lights that we have seen. The led lights are NOT desined to go into the old style lenses and look as good as they can. The probley is that leds are directionalal and they leaee hot spotsts. Now when you see an audio or a bmx with them and wonder how come there outout is os clean it s because someone had to go out and phisicialy aim each one or had it rendered through cad to show where the lihgts woud be and exactely where to aim them.

putting leds in your headlights will also leave hot posts.

I ill be the first to stap some laser/led lighs on the car when I think they are a really ready to work and not leave hot spots and make yor car an annoyance to all other drivers.

hotmustang95

Reaction score
Like I said it's still better then standard bulbs and since I lost my driver side HID in the wreck last Sept I needed a replacement and these LEDs were cheaper then my last setup. Like before if I have to I'll adjust the lights downward to avoid blinding other drivers.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
have you compared the $$$$ of modern HID lights to led? HID went down more after led was out. Now personally I would say to it right and get the projectors as aiming them down only minizes the cursing that the people facing you do. Don't be that dude....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online