Anyone use SCT X4 7015 tuner to correct gear ratio?

olympic

Reaction score
Hey checking to see if anyone has used the SCT X4 7015 tuner to correct their gear ratio. I purchased one to change the gear ratio, one of the advertised features, but in the pre-programmed tunes where it allows you to change things, the tune it loads in for my '96 Mustang with 4.6L isn't showing a place to change the gear ratio or tire size. I am going to reach out to SCT on Monday but was just curious if others have changed their gear ratios successfully with the SCT X4.

Perhaps I need to update the firmware or maybe I somehow overlooked it. I'm running into a separate issue with it saying my PCM is locked (separate post about that) so I can't save the tune to the car right now. But didn't see any place to make that gear change so was curious if others have used the SCT X4 and been able to change their gear ratio.

OP
OP
O

olympic

Reaction score
I've learned from others on the forum here that the SCT X4 tuner only works on gear ratio changes for 99 and up. Ugh. Looks like I'm down to either a speedcal or a speedometer gear change. I just need to research what is involved with either for my '96 GT Vert with an auto trans.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online