Anyone want to guess my numbers?

GDawg

Reaction score
At sea-level dyno numbers...

I'm sure I get both numbers, actual and sea-level compensated.

I'm going in for my first tune on Saturday for the Kenne Bell 1.7L, 9psi, IC. Changing out the chip.

I have shop time for this... finally. I have the hottest mustang tuner in the state tuning for me.

Any guesses?

:pimp2:

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
250-400 is my guess

Damn I want a KB, a 2.1L though 8)

OP
OP
G

GDawg

Reaction score
I should have numbers by tomorrow. Hopefully this won't get rescheduled again.

:pimp:

OP
OP
G

GDawg

Reaction score
:mad: I just knew this wouldn't go smoothly... First my appointment gets taken over by a Club Dyno day of ricers :rice: and now my tuner just emailed me that his grandma died in ND and he's going up there tonight. So we are delayed at least another week... :-[

I just want to see my numbers and be tuned for this altitude before our first TnT in 3 weeks. ???

To be continued...

Downshift

Reaction score
Damn man sorry to hear that. That blows I was looking forward to those numbers as im sure you were. Anyway everthing happens for a reason just get to see more guesses.... Cant wait.

OP
OP
G

GDawg

Reaction score
Looks like we'll be putting it off till the week of April 23rd.

BUT... I'll be taking her to the track on April 14 so at least we'll see what kind of numbers there.

OP
OP
G

GDawg

Reaction score
Raisin' the dead...

So guys, I still haven't gotten my dyno tune yet. So many things came up since my appointment. Had to drop over a thousand dollars so I am sort of broke right now.

BUT... I did go to the track on Saturday.

I ran like shit.

Wasn't my power that was the problem. I have great power but I can't put it down to the ground. I'm lowered with my H&R Supersports and have my Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires but at the track... they aren't shit.

My first run I spun through 1st and most of second and did a 15.28. Now remember, I'm at around 6,000 ft above sea level. From what some have told me, my equal time at sea level would be a full second lower (14.28). I did eight runs and my fastest was 15.27 with a 0.07 reaction time. My 60' times are around 2.8 sec.... SUCKS... I'm spinning my F1s like you wouldn't believe. My first run was against a '99 GT with slicks. He took me off the line and then I ran him down and caught him. Me, 15.28, him 15.77. I passed the finish line at 98mph, him at 88mph. His R/T was .025 mine was 0.59.

H&R SuperSports are hurting me right now. I'm going to pull these out and put in H&R Sports. Plus some control arms and some slicks. It was a fun day but guess what...? This was my first day running at the track.

Everyone I ran was with slicks except for the vettes and one guy that had a total sleeper.

Here I am lining up on my best run... cause my girlfriend was up there watching big time.

I had a blast.

Watch out next time....

750_0173.jpg

Downshift

Reaction score
Why are you pulling the super sports? I have always felt they seemed awkward feeling when I hit it. Too stiff haha. I wish mine looked that slammed though... Sorry you didnt get the times you wanted 6k elevation would be rough. At least you had fun man.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
5.0wned said:
Why are you pulling the super sports? I have always felt they seemed awkward feeling when I hit it. Too stiff haha. I wish mine looked that slammed though... Sorry you didnt get the times you wanted 6k elevation would be rough. At least you had fun man.
cause lowering springs suck for drag racing, they give better handlign though...i lost a full second after putting in my springs, but i think it was alot more than that because my driving was getting better and that was my fourth time ever racing at a track and i dont stret race.

but anywhoo, the car looks sick :dunno:...and there was some calulator for the elevation, ill see
if i can find it.

OP
OP
G

GDawg

Reaction score
My sister was there taking pictures. She really didn't understand 1/4 racing so she didn't get the "important" pictures. She got a few videos off of her digital camera but hasn't uploaded them yet.

Here is her website with all her pictures. They load slow because they are huge... ~3800 pixels.

http://homepage.mac.com/vluciay56/PhotoAlbum13.html

The funny thing is that at the track she asked my girlfriend why I "wasn't doing the burnouts like the guys I was running...?"
My girlfriend told her, it was because, "my tires are too expensive and I didn't want to burn them up"... :rollinglaugh:

Gotta love women... :behind:

One guy's engine blew up after he did his burnout and was lining up against me... I was wondering why they were "washing" his car on the track... :D

Another "Ricer" (the pink one with the 'chute') took me off the line and when I quickly started to run him down he let off the gas like he had a problem... guess he had to have an excuse.

One vette kept red-lighting by jumping almost a full second ahead of his green light.

The last guy (last picture I think) had a classic mustang (orange) that looked mean as hell. He took me off the line but once I hooked up he wasn't pulling anymore and I really think I could have beat him if I had launched as well as him.

My exhaust (Magna Pack Catback) wasn't as loud as everyone else but everyone asked about the "screaming whine" coming from my engine. A friend of my calls it my "War Cry"!!! :pimp:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you really need to get some wider meats in the rear...you should have some beef out back if you expect to get anywhere with a KB and the TQ it drops. You should invest in some 10.5 inch rear wheels and some 315 Drag Radials...then you will get some traction and won't have to play catch up. Having the stock 8 inch wide wheels/narrow tires is like launching on skinnies with a KB.

OP
OP
G

GDawg

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
you really need to get some wider meats in the rear...you should have some beef out back if you expect to get anywhere with a KB and the TQ it drops. You should invest in some 10.5 inch rear wheels and some 315 Drag Radials...then you will get some traction and won't have to play catch up. Having the stock 8 inch wide wheels/narrow tires is like launching on skinnies with a KB.

Bro... point me to some wheels and tires. Right now with these street tires (and they are great on the "twisties") I have spacers to make it look good. I'm thinking H&R Sports so I don't completely go back to stock height but not quite this low. I need a decent weight transfer. (for the engineers, I need a better vertical vector.)

My pony is a weekend car so I want to be able to put the stance at H&R Sport (a little higher but not so high as stock) and then compensate with control arms and a set of slicks for the track. I like my "corner carving" right now but I like 1/4 mile more.

gt96stang

Reaction score
GDawg said:
Bro... point me to some wheels and tires. Right now with these street tires (and they are great on the "twisties") I have spacers to make it look good. I'm thinking H&R Sports so I don't completely go back to stock height but not quite this low. I need a decent weight transfer. (for the engineers, I need a better vertical vector.)

My pony is a weekend car so I want to be able to put the stance at H&R Sport (a little higher but not so high as stock) and then compensate with control arms and a set of slicks for the track. I like my "corner carving" right now but I like 1/4 mile more.

Fox body 4 cyl front springs and fox body gt rear springs...