Anyone with a mustang come in.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Ok, can anyone with a mustang thats has a cold engine check this for me. On the coolant overflow tank where you screw on the cap... can you check if theres a little square hole on the black plastic part. Heres a picture to explain this better:

Right where the arrow is, but on the mustang overflow tank. Is a hole right there nearest to the engine side.

overflowghettomount1yf5.jpg

edit:
img0618hn8.jpg

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
i will go check my overflow in a sec for ya even though it is freezing cold outside because i am a nice guy lol

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
i will go check my overflow in a sec for ya even though it is freezing cold outside because i am a nice guy lol

Thanks. I believe the coolant tank on the 95's are different compared the 4.6.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
There isnt one on my 95 but i dunno if there would be one on the 96-98 maybe someone else will pop in. i dont think that there would a hole there

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
There isnt one on my 95 but i dunno if there would be one on the 96-98 maybe someone else will pop in. i dont think that there would a hole there

Alright, thanks buddy for checking O0

Just need a 96-98er to check.
Damn, this sucks. Im 1 hour late for work on superbowl day :'( the boss is going to think im trying to pull one over so i can stay home from work to watch the game.

bleau

Reaction score
Yes. I just went out and looked there is a square hole that looks like its where the coolant goes out when you have too much pressure.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
bleau said:
Yes. I just went out and looked there is a square hole that looks like its where the coolant goes out when you have too much pressure.

Thanks.

Damn, now the problem is. What causes to much pressure?

bleau

Reaction score
Not sure never had this problem. If it were me I would pull the thermostat and see if that makes it better.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
so coolant is puking out of this hole in the overflow or do you just think thats the problem?

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
so coolant is puking out of this hole in the overflow or do you just think thats the problem?

]yep, its puking out of that hole.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
u havent replaced the radiator cap with the wrong one have you? is it overheating?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Cobra456hp said:
head gasket will do that too. compression blowing it out

yeah but with a blow head gasket, tere would be white smoke puffing out of his exhaust.

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
maybe time for a waterpump. is the coolant boiling and or building pressure in the overflow. i just know my buddy had an old 93 ford f150 that, the coolant in the overflow would start boiling and bubbling. i took it apart for him and his waterpump didnt have any fins on it what so ever. there were little pieces of them in the block.......... changed it out for a new one and he was good to go..

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
ju015dd said:
maybe time for a waterpump. is the coolant boiling and or building pressure in the overflow. i just know my buddy had an old 93 ford f150 that, the coolant in the overflow would start boiling and bubbling. i took it apart for him and his waterpump didnt have any fins on it what so ever. there were little pieces of them in the block.......... changed it out for a new one and he was good to go..

Only time it was bubbling was when i drove it home the night everything went wrong. IT was popping and bubbling like a bitch :eek: ,but that was when i put 3 big bottles of water in it. Right now it doesn't boil because i turn the car off before it gets to hot and theres no white smoke coming from the exhaust pipes.

Tomorrow im going to get a new radiator cap and a new thermostat.

Thanks guys and rofl i took your pic.. srry :behind: :D

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
you want anyone with a 96+ mustang that dont look like my 93 or 94 sorry

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Twista said:
ju015dd said:

well, hopefully that is all you need, but dont be surprised if you need a new waterpump
Only time it was bubbling was when i drove it home the night everything went wrong. IT was popping and bubbling like a bitch :eek: ,but that was when i put 3 big bottles of water in it. Right now it doesn't boil because i turn the car off before it gets to hot and theres no white smoke coming from the exhaust pipes.

Tomorrow im going to get a new radiator cap and a new thermostat.

Thanks guys and rofl i took your pic.. srry :behind: :D

Cobra456hp

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
Cobra456hp said:
head gasket will do that too. compression blowing it out

yeah but with a blow head gasket, tere would be white smoke puffing out of his exhaust.

^ most of the time ,yes. and it would be steam that wil evaporate quick. smoke would linger. but thats not always the case. ive seen it happen

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online