Anyone with a stalled AODE?

Discussion in 'Drivetrain' started by ElrodKTPQ_89, Dec 15, 2014.

1. ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89 Legend

Looking into having my AODE rebuilt and have a shift kit added soon and I'm wanting to pick out a good stall to wrap it all up. The car is soon to have 3.73's and will see mostly street driving with a couple trips to the track on the weekends. I would love to t-5 swap it but it's just not in the cards for me now and I need to do something about my old worn out transmission. I figure something like a 2800 stall with 3.73's and my B&M hammer shifter will be pretty fun to play around with. Anyone have any past experience or can recommend a good stall speed to suit me?

2. the5.ohh

the5.ohh Legend

IIRC, 2800 is around the same stall as stock. I could be wrong

3. torch318

torch318 Active Member

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny/stall.html
    I have a tci 2800 stall converter with 3.73's in my car and I like it. I might have to upgrade my converter though because my old tuner thought it was maxed out. Haven't had time to look into that yet though.

4. Orgawesome_98coyote

Orgawesome_98coyote Member

The ptc 3,000 stall , 3.73 and C4 was almost as fun as having a 5speed. 3,000 was a perfect stall to me for street/strip. You could def tell it was there under normal driving but wasn't too radical and made a freaking huge difference when i ran it. I say 3,000.

5. mickey

mickey New Member

Im looking at doing the same who makes a good budget friendly converter?