Anything for the rear that is equivalent to drop spindles in the front?

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I dont know if this was already ask before, and quite frankly i could care less, I didnt bother checking and most likely wont.

Now, if you still want to help me you would be my bffffffff.

I want to lower my car, like alot. But the shocks tap out at around 2.75" drop. The front is going to get some drop spindles, keeps the geometry, drops it 2", and Coilovers will to the rest. The rear on the other hand, doesnt have spindles, and still taps out at 2.75", since i am doing coilovers, weight jackers wont help me. Is there anything on the market that can give me that 3" in drop i want without taping out shocks and totally bending over the rear geometry? I am thinking the only thing available is the mounting brackets. am not sure how they work, and not sure if they are safe for HPDE.

Please drop your knowledgeables! (no pun intended) :)

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I plan on running a PHB/TA set up.....FML..

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Why do you want to lower the car a LOT?

I like the way it looks....when i race, its going back up, but for show and just normal driving, i like the low look. maybe not like Ferocious, but close.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
bag it like ttocs did.

Ive thought about it, but i dont know. still have some time before i start investing in the suspension, so ill start doing the research. I need to stiffen the chassis up and get some good road racing tires

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think, for a reasonable effort, your choices are the following:
  • Bag it
  • Run a coil-over with a short spring (7 to 8") and a shock designed to work with that short of a spring
  • Cut the holy hell out of some springs, run shocks that support a shorter range of travel

If you are in the mood to fab, then you can:
  • Cut the stock mounts off the rear axles, fab up new mounts that are designed to accept the shock at a drop, and re-weld them to the axle. If you are lucky, you may be able to still run a PHB and torque arm, but you'd have to do your design homework to confirm

I think that's pretty much your only options...with a SRA. Last but not least, you could always swap in an IRS, and go from there. Plus added bonus of rear camber adjustment.

Edit: Corrected "SLA" to "SRA"

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
  • Bag it
  • Run a coil-over with a short spring (7 to 8") and a shock designed to work with that short of a spring
  • Cut the holy hell out of some springs, run shocks that support a shorter range of travel

• Cut the stock mounts off the rear axles, fab up new mounts that are designed to accept the shock at a drop, and re-weld them to the axle. If you are lucky, you may be able to still run a PHB and torque arm, but you'd have to do your design homework to confirm

I think that's pretty much your only options...with a SLA. Last but not least, you could always swap in an IRS, and go from there. Plus added bonus of rear camber adjustment.
SLA is a front suspension. .

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Well, not to be pedantic, but technically SLA refers to short long arm configuration, otherwise known as double wishbone suspension. That could be both front or rear, like the case of very many sports cars, ie: Porsche 911, Corvette and many others.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I knew they had them. But I always thought they were not recommended for street use. .

well technically speaking, most manfactures say "not recommended for street use" as just a disclaimer so if it fails on the street, they cant blame them for making a faulty protect. And also most aftermarket parts are not DOT approved. So another reason for the disclaimer. Racecraft has the road racing version of the drop spindles, which have better reenforcements.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
  • Bag it

I think that's pretty much your only options...with a SRA. Last but not least, you could always swap in an IRS, and go from there. Plus added bonus of rear camber adjustment.

Edit: Corrected "SLA" to "SRA"

i dont think theres shocks made for that short of a travel. Unless you have some knowledge about shocks that i dont lol. But i am running the 3 link for sure, so drop brackets is out the question. And i cant fab, so thats done :/

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That I don't know. Have you asked MM? It's possible they could re-valve their MM series shocks to potentially handle the shorter travel. Not sure though. We're probably also talking about high spring rates here too...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online