AODE REBUILD Kits/What to do? Mine blew up..

snoball

Reaction score
lost third gear and reverse on a cruise yesterday so im looking into some options. I do not have the tranny out, but i know third is gone and it wont even try to go into third and reverse doesnt engage either. Is there any places that make a GOOD rebuild kit, what should i look for in a rebuild kit. Or if i have someone outside do it ( i have talked to bobcat already about this) where should i go? Id like to go with a little bit more built aode with a tranny cooler and i used to have a 3000 stall, id like to keep it (that is if its not screwed up) or maybe go to a smaller 2800 stall.

Or another option is a 4r70w, i heard from someone that they have the same bolt pattern for a 5.0 if it came from a 6er? Is so are they cheap to build and who makes a kit to make them work with my computer?

Also please dont suggest a 5 speed, i dont want one.

I really need to get it running as it is my driver, so any suggestion i appreciate. If someone has a working stocker they dont need, let me know and ill throw it in so i can at least drive the thing until i get something built. If its a stocker, the cheaper the better, as long as it drives fine.

Thanks Andrew

snoball

Reaction score
Well if i had a reason for a c4 id get one, but it wont work with the computer and im not not gettting it tuned out the computer so the light isnt on..

Snoball said:
Well if i had a reason for a c4 id get one, but it wont work with the computer and im not not gettting it tuned out the computer so the light isnt on..

I didn't know that what tranny you used mattered :dunno:

fuck this computer bullshit...

if you get the 4R70W, make sure you have an external trans cooler... I don't trust them trannys... Call me crazy...

They were used in a bunch of mustangs, pickups and lincolns... make sure you get one out of a mustang, even though they are the same trannys, I'm sure the guts are different...

I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to the 4R70W... so we'll wait n see who else replies...

Now, Heres another tranny I don't much about... Ford updated the c6 tranny with the E4OD, it has electric shift instead of the Hydraulic and 4th gear... They used it in 89-98 f series trucks and some broncos and whatnot... I think they later replaced it with the 4R100

idk... just throwing ideas out, we'll what the smart guys have to say

snoball

Reaction score
ttt anyone else build a tranny up or rebuild one..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KillaMustang04

Members online