AODE swap for 5spd

REStang

Reaction score
Has anyone done swapped out an AODE for a 5spd? I'm considering doing it. I have a 98 GT with an AODE.

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
It would be easier with a donor car. But why would you want to do that..

Just get you a good shiftkit or J-mod it and a 3000K stall and you will be plenty happy with your auto.. :thumb:

Tell us a little more about your car, mods, and gears?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be doing that to my car here once the motor's back in.

AMP has a kit with the parts needed, pedal assembly ect.

or you can find a doner car, wrecked, v6 whatever and take it out of that.
that's what I'll probably do.

you'll need a tranny, clutch, flywheel, bellhousing, quadrent adjuster, shifter handel and the pedal/master cyl stuff :)
yee haawww

ALITL8

Reaction score
i have a 5 sp tranny in the garage that i was going to put in my daughter's white one when she got comfortable with a stick. i dont know if thats gonna happen now. might be for sale, needs one of the clutch forks replaced, i think.

OP
OP
R

REStang

Reaction score
I've always wanted a 5spd. It just so happens that while I was shopping for a Stang the best one I found was this one which is automatic. Every single 5spd I looked at and test drove was ragged out mechanically and physically. I've gotten used to the automatic but I still prefer a 5spd. Even with a shift kit and all it's still not a 5spd. A reputable Mustang shop in my area suggests that I buy a tuner instead of gears, shift kit, chip etc. The performance of those things can be changed with a few key strokes and changed back to stock if desired with a few more key strokes. I think that's what I'm going to do.

97vertstang

Reaction score
do u have to change the pcm when changing the transmission??? just a thought since most 96 newer cars , the pcm controls both engine and tranny.

96sohc

Reaction score
I'm in the process of swapping a 5 speed into my 96 right now.
I've got a pedal assembly on the way and some trim pieces already here.
Waiting to sell one of my other cars before I purchase the T45.
I'm using this writeup as reference...
http://www.2kgt.com/item.php?itemid=105

You do not need a different computer.
A good SCT Tuner can turn off all the automatic functions and make your computer work
with a 5 speed.

Does AMP have a website? Would be curious to see what they are selling their kits for.
I'll start a thread with my 5 speed swap adventures when I gather more parts.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
AODE=Shit. I hate the gt because of the tranny, the thing loves to shift like a fat kid loves cake, I am either going to swap to a T5 or sell the car because the whole shifting into second while doing 70mph isn't doing it for me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrence