APC projector headlights *now w/ HID pics*

ReplicaR

Reaction score
How good are these? I was thinking of doing HID conversion to substatially increase the light output (drive a lot at night, could really use it), but I really wanted to run them through projector, so they would not blind anyone else infront of me. I recently bought a pair real cheap, but did not get them yet. Does anyone have these? Here is the picture of the product in question. Jacked the picture off mustang tuning, but rehosted it.

29ynmdv.jpg

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Re: APC projector headlights

eh in my opinio APC=junk. i have depo projectors and they are very well made.

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score

Does it come as a kit, or do I have to retrofit stuff?

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score

well i dont have any stats lol. yes those are the ones i have, you get what you pay for, when i got mine in hand they just felt well made, maybe a pound a piece. they come with a wiring harness, took me all of 10min to install. up to you bro

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score

Since they are cheap, I might try them both, if I'm not satisfied with APC ones. I can always return them. Thanks for letting me onto Depo lights however, I did not know they made those for Mustang. My friend is running those I think on his M3. They work pretty nice last I checked.

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score

Yeah, just search for them on Ebay.

bikewiz

Reaction score

the quality is pretty good. only had mine for a week, I got the black ones. I used to have the one piece ones they sell on ebay that have the dual angel eyes and the APC ones blow those away.

They are a pretty heavy light and they have a glass lens.

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score

Which ones are glass?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

The APC ones are glass and well made but just like all "cheap" projectors for Mustangs the projector lense is junk. As long as you get the HID kit to go with them you will have good lighting...otherwise it will be as shitty as stock. You could always change the interior lense for one from an Audi/BMW if you want real quality lights in a stang.

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score

Well, it's confirmed. APC SUCK. They don't line up, they don't put any light down on the road, and they are even worse with HIDs installed. What a waste of money. Oh, and when I recieved them, I had to take one of them apart because the the assholes who assembled them put one reflector in upside down.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score

I got the depots just like thoses.

not rice @ all=
IMG_1643small.jpg

IMG_1637small.jpg

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score

Decided to go w/o projectors, just get clear housings and put HID in those. Inside is a 4300K kit, and I will take pictures when it gets dark.

2lmm0kn.jpg

CruizinKev

Reaction score

Twista said:
I got the depots just like thoses.

not rice @ all=
IMG_1643small.jpg

IMG_1637small.jpg

LP_FM94BC_DP_SB1.jpg

what kind of bulbs are used in these headlights? HB5? H1? H7? and which one is the low-beam? the one with the projector?

95 svt cobra

Reaction score
hey man i have those exact headlights. im not to fond of them really, but with HID it may be allright. like said before APC=junk and its true. I got mine brand new and the seals went bad after a few months so now there is moisture inside the lenses.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.