apex-I SAFC tunning

billmacomber1987

Reaction score
safc has any one tried using one to tune there mustang alot of the import guys use them you can change the injector size without changing the maf buy changing the value of the injector in% i think you can change timing,tps,and i think its ajustabal buy ever hundred rpms or buy tps dependin on how you set it up and alot of other controls there alot cheaper than a twecer pluss i have alot of import friends and i think some one i know is selling one there maid buy apex-i and thay wire into the ecu does any one know

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
hummm saying as wel have one of those moddable cars in the world I would stick to a tuner that was built and designed to be used on a mustang....my two cents.

jimgt95

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
hummm saying as wel have one of those moddable cars in the world I would stick to a tuner that was built and designed to be used on a mustang....my two cents.

I agree. For the EEC-IV there are three options: custom chip tune, Tweecer, or PMS. That handheld device that your friend is selling may or may not interface with the PCM. I strongly suggest that you stick to parts designed to work with the Ford PCM. You will avoid a lot of headaches and it will be cheaper in the long run.

I have an SCT custom tune, btw.

Addermk2

Reaction score
i tried using my apexi safc2 on my cobra.... made no difference

Monsterbishi

Reaction score
billmacomber1987 said:
corection it does not control timing and its 500 rpm adjustable

A SAFC is a band-aid, all it does is intercept the voltage signal coming out of the AFM, and so it has many drawbacks.

If a car is only having minor changes made to it, a SAFC can be handy to smooth out the AF ratio, but at a cost, namely the ignition timing curve, when you lean things out by more than a few percent, the ECU over-advances the timing, and the opposite applies when enrichening.

This is why they're wholy unsuitable for fitting larger injectors, since all it will do is give you a good AF curve, but turn your torque curve into a messy zigzag.

If you're going to make a fuelling change without the aid of a Tweecer, etc - and want to make good use of a SAFC then go with a recalibrated MAF as well, so you can then use it to smooth out some kinks in the curves without sacrificing drivability.

SAFC's were all the rage over here a few years ago, until much more effective solutions came to the market in the form of chipping, and more powerful piggybacks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online