Approved Rollbar for Vert

Discussion in 'Road Racing' started by Dub Jones, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Dub Jones

Dub Jones New Member

Hey Guys

I want to do track days with my Mustang this coming spring/summer but I will need to have an approved roll bar. All of the roll bars I am finding look like complete ass. Just tubing like it was designed for a jeep. Are there any good looking rollbars for when my top is down...

Thanks for the help. I will be hitting a 2.2 mile track that is a few mins from my house!

2. blackdemon007

blackdemon007 Active Member

3. Ferocious

Ferocious Legend SN95 Supporter

Roll bars aren't necessarily designed to "look good", they are a safety feature. I'll be buying an autopower cage in the next year or so. They do some great work.

http://www.autopowerindustries.com/

4. 95opal

95opal Well-Known Member

griggs

5. RichV

RichV Well-Known Member

I would consult with the tech of whatever organization you want to run with. I, personally, would go with a custom built cage/bar. Something you know will do the job if you ever need it. Plus, a custom job usually has a better fit and finish. If you're going with counter stuff: MM, Griggs, Roush, Kenny Brown all make good stuff but just make sure install is per spec.

So if I was in your shoes here in CO, I would find out that the NASA chief Tech has a shop in Denver and go talk to him, and/or bring my car out for him to see it and make recommendations.

What organization will you be running with? They usually have a set of tech rules you can find/download.

6. Doodler

Doodler New Member

This is what I had done for the rollbar in my old foxbody. Its wrapped and baseball glove stitched.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]