Are these 5 problems related? What should I start out with fixing

scottyp

Reaction score
I have a 2001 Ford Mustang Gt amd I'm having 5 issues with it. Not sure if they are related or not. Kind of lost and not sure what I should spend money on fixing first.
1) The car takes a few times to start, sometimes it will start and die immediately but the lights on the dash stay lit up.
2) Car sputters at low rpms when I give it gas
3) I smell gas when driving
4) Had alternator checked and has a bad diode but the lights don't seem to dim and battery is good
5) check engine light is on and had it scanned and the codes came back as the following.. P0113 air intake temperature circuit high input, P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor "A" Circuit (bank 1 or single sensor), P0130 O2 Sensor Heat Circuit (Bank 1 Sensor), Code P1639 Vehicle ID Block Not Programmed Or Corrupt (Ford)

Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Haha thanks Josef I'll help however I can man. The Duffinator is probably better suited for this answer but judging by some of the symptoms your having I would take a stab at those o2 sensors. The smelling of fuel and sputtering are what is leading me to believe o2 because it controls the amount of fuel being delivered. So with a bad o2, most likely running in open loop (I believe) it's going to continue dumping fuel in where it's not needed, which will give you that smell while driving and the sputtering too.

As for the car dying and what have you, you already mentioned that your alternator has a bad diode. I bet that's your problem right there man.

O and welcome to the forum lol

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Id just crush the car, first fix the alternator, then find the fuel leak and repair it...if your smelling fuel, its not getting to the motor.....

95opal

Reaction score
Responded on your thread on the source but ill leave it here for you also.

First things first. your PCM needs to be reflashed, that will eliminate the most important code you pulled Code P1639 Vehicle ID Block Not Programmed Or Corrupt (Ford).
I have a feeling someone replaced the original PCM in your car, or changed the parameters. Once you do this you may eliminate some or most of the other codes, but you cant continue diagnosis till you take care of that problem

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online