Are we screwed? [ I may be an ass for posting this]

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
So, theres this guy on a [undisclosed forum] asking about a recent ticket he received. This so called new guy was "testing" a car to make sure it was running up to par and to diagnose a strange sound. Fu^k it.. read his post yourself. :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

Just bought new Evo IX and a good friend just bought a IX RS. His car is making a noise (think its Mivec in new IXs)and wants to compare cars and see if there is a problem. I work part time for a local shop that works on Evos and other imports so I agree to check his car out. If there is a problem we need to have it diagnosed and fixed before our shop agrees to tune his car.

We get in his car and he does a couple of pulls to 80 miles an hour and his car seems to be pullin okay(not as good as expected).However,it is making a clicking/tickish sound in the upper RPMs. We than proceed to drive in my car and do a couple pulls to 80 miles an hour and there are no noticable sounds in the upper RPMs when compared to his car. Both cars seem to be pulling okay with mine seeming a little stronger. We tried to hook a GTech up and do some testing but it proved inconclusive.( could not get it to work right)

So as we are leaving I tell him lets do a slow roll on side by side up to about 90 mph and see how the cars compare. We both hit it up to about 90 MPH, shut down and start to head home. We are about a mile away of from where we did the testing and all of the sudden a cop does a u-turn and a helicopter has a light on our cars. I guess the chopper caught us in the act at the scene of the last roll on. That is what the cops insinuated. I tell the cops about the testing of our cars and after a 20 minute wait we get Speed contest tickets for the last exhibition. Are we screwed.

BTW This was on a street that was not heavily congested(industrial Area) and no runs were done around any vehicles other than our own. Before any testing(quick driving) we made sure both sides of the double/four lane roads were clear of any other vehicles. So in a way we were being safe and responsible. No luanching or Street racing occurred. Luanching and Evo on the street can be very expensive.

:rollinglaugh: I guess fast and the furious was all about testing cars.. you know... for that strange farting sound it was making. 1 :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Thats pretty sad though. Btw thats why i'm against streetracing, for the pure fact of the consequence. Financial and if youre unlucky, deadly...

kspilly

Reaction score
Yeah, streetracing sucks balls. There is enough on my mind while driving not to have to think about a pair of imports losing control and flying all over the place...

Now don't get me wrong, I'll accelerate rapidley from time to time, but I'm not going to do the stop light grand prix every time I'm first in line at the light. Not my cup of tea. Too much money to risk unneeded damage and bills. Or worse, jail or death.

My .02cents.

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
kspilly said:
Yeah, streetracing sucks balls. There is enough on my mind while driving not to have to think about a pair of imports losing control and flying all over the place...

Now don't get me wrong, I'll accelerate rapidley from time to time, but I'm not going to do the stop light grand prix every time I'm first in line at the light. Not my cup of tea. Too much money to risk unneeded damage and bills. Or worse, jail or death.

My .02cents.

I agree wholeheartedly, i mean theres nothing wrong with dicking around on the streets a lil every now and then, but as long as its done responsibly. O0

ripper

Reaction score
Ahhhhhhhh i wasnt speeding offcifer i was testing. Im surprised he got that pos up to 90. Oh yea pal your screwed. :rollinglaugh:

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Stevo said:
Ahhhhhhhh i wasnt speeding offcifer i was testing. Im surprised he got that pos up to 90. Oh yea pal your screwed. :rollinglaugh:

I'm sorry but if i was the cop and that kid told me he was "testing" i would burst out laughing so hard i'd have to bend over for a second. :rollinglaugh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.