argh....damn rear brakes!!!!

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Wow are the rear brake calipers retarded, the system for getting the new pads in is so stupid with the spring and those little feeble clips. Anyone have any tips?

I cant continue right now because I need to get a nice heafty C clamp to squeeze the caliper piston in.

ps:
Man I hate it when a simple job turns out to be a annoying big job. First off I break a bolt, gotta go to town get another, then run out of grease, gotta go get more, then realise I should get stop brake squeek...town again. Then my bulb burns out on big work lamp so im working with a cheap ass rechargable flashlight that dies every 5 minutes and cant see jack, then I brake my quick grip trying to compress the caliper piston. :rant: Argh I just wanna get the car done! Anyways im gonna go new a new bulb and a nice hefty C-clamp then do the work during on my day off with at least a bit of natural light helpin me out. :comando: :comando: :comando:

Bill94vert

Reaction score
sounds like the brakes OWNED you :lol: lol been there done that good thing i got a part store 2 min away from my place.

OP
OP
Matt94GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
well I find out now there is a special tool for compressing the rear pistion, it locks onto it then pushes and spins not just pushs like a clamp would. At least I found out now and not on friday or I would have been even more choked.

Bill94vert

Reaction score
ya i have just always used a clamp and it seems to work somewhat good. how much do u want for that stock h pipe? i need aircare soon :'(

sn98gt

Reaction score
I just replace the caliper along with the pads... easier install and I dont have to worry about having a piston seal go bad and having the caliper stick and wear out the brakes in 5k miles.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
well I got it done, next time I think I might just get new parts when the time comes but even then I would like to use better then factory pads.

might we be able to see pics of your work?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
wow i dont even want to think about the brakes now, just say everyhing that could go wrong did, i am so mad. :(

well look at it this way, even though it went shitty, its over now and they are on your car :thumb:

OP
OP
Matt94GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
no its not over...

I had it all done besides bleeding.

I was working on it last night to get ready for a meet, bad night working on the car, either air is trapped in the brake lines somewhere or I have a faulty MC, the MC is making a hissing noise when I press the brake pedal. I have no brakes. But what set me off is a wheel stud was slightly mangled, and from taking on and off the lugnut so many times I snapped the stud on my spindle, no where to get one on a sat night, also I got 2 day insurance lol just bad luck. Man this brake job has just been a nightmare, but if I were to do it again it would prob be easy as hell.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online