at it again.......

95opal

Reaction score
shouldn't be too bad as far as a stretch goes. thinking 285/30 20x11. i've seen worse lol. i don't mind a lightweight stretch when needed and i'll need a tiny bit.

bonspeeds are really popular in the street truck scene, not really minitruckers as most minitruckers are on a budget :p also you'll see a lot of bonspeeds on pro-touring classic cars. where i seen this wheel...at a good guys show this year. in person...they are so fn clean and in motion...omfg!!!!

If you only plan on going 285 don't bother with an 11' rim your just waisting money. A 295 fits perfect on a 10"

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
If you only plan on going 285 don't bother with an 11' rim your just waisting money. A 295 fits perfect on a 10"
waisting my money? lol, i already ordered the 20x11's and secondly in order to lay out a 315/30-40 just aint happening :) well....unless i dont mind buckling my quarters.

actually i'm not 100% on what size tire yet...i'll know the second i bolt the wheel in the rear on though.

285/30/20 on a 20x11 :
PICT1853.jpg

i don't really see the problem here lol.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think that looks great.

I'd even consider a 265, an extreme fender role, and tuck the fender between the barrel and tire when you're aired out. Now that's ballin.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
waisting my money? lol, i already ordered the 20x11's and secondly in order to lay out a 315/30-40 just aint happening :) well....unless i dont mind buckling my quarters.

actually i'm not 100% on what size tire yet...i'll know the second i bolt the wheel in the rear on though.

285/30/20 on a 20x11 :
PICT1853.jpg

i don't really see the problem here lol.

I don't think that tire looks good on that wheel, just doesn't look big enough.. The wheel I do like and that color would look good on my DFG.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm really enjoying this build.
I think that amount if tire will look perfect.

I've looked at the toqued or twisted style wheels. They look great, but it would both me that each side of the car would look different...

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
I'm really enjoying this build.
I think that amount if tire will look perfect.

I've looked at the toqued or twisted style wheels. They look great, but it would both me that each side of the car would look different...

most if not all high end wheel companies will make the wheels directional so that they will be the same on both sides....as does bonspeed who's making mine. i wouldn't buy wheels pointing different directions on either side lol.

as far as tires and stretching....everyone has different opinions as they do with wheel sizes lol. i have learned to live with the fact that not everyone is on the same page as me :shrug:

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
most if not all high end wheel companies will make the wheels directional so that they will be the same on both sides....as does bonspeed who's making mine. i wouldn't buy wheels pointing different directions on either side lol.

as far as tires and stretching....everyone has different opinions as they do with wheel sizes lol. i have learned to live with the fact that not everyone is on the same page as me :shrug:

The ccws I looked at didn't seem to. When I looked up pictures I saw the direction pointing either way. It bugged me lol

Are you actually doing 20s? I thought 19s are pushing it.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
The ccws I looked at didn't seem to. When I looked up pictures I saw the direction pointing either way. It bugged me lol

Are you actually doing 20s? I thought 19s are pushing it.

see the direction of these ccw lm5's? 2 go 1 way and 2 go another way

a5ese4yv.jpg

that is in order to keep both sides facing the same direction :)

doing 19's in front and 20's in the booty

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Tony you know what people say about opinions :)

I am not usually one to hate on something because it is different I just could never drop $3-5k on a set of forged wheels and purposely put on tires that did not correctly fit.

Maybe I am just too old and the stretching tires to have less protection for my wheels is beyond my way of thinking.

Anyway, I trust your judgement and alway look forward to updates in this thread.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Tony you know what people say about opinions :)

I am not usually one to hate on something because it is different I just could never drop $3-5k on a set of forged wheels and purposely put on tires that did not correctly fit.

Maybe I am just too old and the stretching tires to have less protection for my wheels is beyond my way of thinking.

Anyway, I trust your judgement and alway look forward to updates in this thread.

old_man_walking_with__a_hc.gif

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
lets get real here...in order to get enough sidewall to actually protect the lip of the wheel from say....a curb...you need a fat ass sidewall lol. even if i went with a 305/35 i'd still fuuk my lip up the second i crammed into a curb lol. as for hitting potholes...bonspeed makes strong forged wheels, air ride softens the blow....i feel comfortable driving with this setup. as i said though...may not need to stretch it at all, i'll know more once the rears are mounted

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
got my stuff from [MENTION=18300]RedlineGoods[/MENTION].com in.....already put it in lol. shift boot, arm rest cover, ebrake boot.

1z19rw2.jpg

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
thanks guys. can't wait for this rsd kit!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online