AustinX56 build thread( tina saleena )

Austinx56

Reaction score
So my mother bought me the car in 2007 when I was 16, my grandfather at the time had a used car lot and one night we drove by the lot and my eyes caught her. The next day I went back and sat in the car all day and we brought it home and i played with it all night. a week later she was mine but I had to convince my parents I would be responsible to have a v8 mustang convertible

FIRST NIGHT I GOT HER

Bone stock gt with white top and interior

my first mod was the mustang gt bumper inserts and painted the wing flat black, also x-edition was a local mustang shop's line of performance packages, mine was the entry level.. aka bone stock

same shop also did the boss shinoda's

painted my wheels

got a speedster cover for a pack of beer, they where painted green but i rocked them at times also removed the x edition for a cleaner look

painted the covers also got a lightbar and smoked cobra lights

got a set of bullitt wheels for FREE from a friend

OP
OP
Austinx56

Austinx56

Reaction score
2009 added cold air and pulleys
jan 2012 added mach 1 seats recovered them with a carbon fiber pattern. also added clear cobra lights

may 2012 saleen kit added along with stripe package

carbon fiber s281 wing added

was going for a saleen cobra clone look

traded bullits for cobra wheels

painted vert top black

OP
OP
Austinx56

Austinx56

Reaction score
before s281 wing and painted top

some fun while replacing banner

replaced white center console with black 98 console

2013 bought chrome saleen wheels

mustang chris found some saleen door caps up by his house and he picked them up for me, making my kit complete also removed the cobra badges going for a s351 look

mustang mats added

engine shot

OP
OP
Austinx56

Austinx56

Reaction score
2013 car show

bought saleen racecraft springs but had to wait to install them until i moved

2014 installed a saleen heat extractor hood also painted the wing to match the color of the car.

oct,2014 installed black beauty headlights

may 2016 home made machine gun tips

may 2016 installed saleen racecrafts lowering springs

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Cool to see the transformation from start to finish. Nice work Austin! Has to be my favorite Saleen tribute car out there. Last Red Saleen I saw had nothing on this car! Yours def holds a presence.

OP
OP
Austinx56

Austinx56

Reaction score
Cool to see the transformation from start to finish. Nice work Austin! Has to be my favorite Saleen tribute car out there. Last Red Saleen I saw had nothing on this car! Yours def holds a presence.
without a doubt the best thing anyone on here has said about my car, thanks bro beans

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the "show" portion is looking good, when are you starting on the "go". Funny enough I came across a pic of mine when it was bone stock. No tinted windows and the air cleaner was still intact.

OP
OP
Austinx56

Austinx56

Reaction score
the "show" portion is looking good, when are you starting on the "go". Funny enough I came across a pic of mine when it was bone stock. No tinted windows and the air cleaner was still intact.
ive been slowly buying performance parts piece by piece, going to go with mostly chrome for the car shows.

Mustanger

Reaction score
I like this thread! You have REALLY brought your car a long ways!!! It turns heads everywhere you go I'm sure! Really really beautiful...I wanted a Red New Edge vert when I got my White GT Coupe SN95...lol...

OP
OP
Austinx56

Austinx56

Reaction score
I like this thread! You have REALLY brought your car a long ways!!! It turns heads everywhere you go I'm sure! Really really beautiful...I wanted a Red New Edge vert when I got my White GT Coupe SN95...lol...
oh yeah even more at car shows since i lowered it, every time at a gas station ill have someone walk up and ask "whats a SAYLEAN?" but its fun, I always thought id have to have a viper to get attention, but I it get it in my 94 mustang lol

OP
OP
Austinx56

Austinx56

Reaction score
a new edge saleen s281 will be my next, or a 03-05 viper...... [MENTION=8886]Mustanger[/MENTION]

Reaction score
i once had 2 old gentlemen ask me if my car was a saleen or a roush one day when i was getting a burger. i cant believe people come up to you to ask what a saleen is... uncultured swine. lol. but your car definitely has made its mark. i thought it was a real saleen until i took a look at your thread. now i secretly envy you because you have the heat extractor hood, its my favorite for our cars.

*attempts to use jedi mind trick to make you forget i envy you*

*fails frantically*

OP
OP
Austinx56

Austinx56

Reaction score
i once had 2 old gentlemen ask me if my car was a saleen or a roush one day when i was getting a burger. i cant believe people come up to you to ask what a saleen is... uncultured swine. lol. but your car definitely has made its mark. i thought it was a real saleen until i took a look at your thread. now i secretly envy you because you have the heat extractor hood, its my favorite for our cars.

*attempts to use jedi mind trick to make you forget i envy you*

*fails frantically*
HHAHAHAHA adding to my sig. im in the saleen club of america and im the Florida assistant state rep, even other saleen owners think mine is real till I tell them, the heat extractor was my favorite mod, no lowering was my favorite but the hood is 2nd, makes the front of these cars looks aggressive