Autcross with street/strip setup?

cameron57

Reaction score
Hey guys im working on getting my car together. My current setup is more drag friendly than autcross but id like to be able to both just maybe change from fats and skinnys to some 18s. Anyways its a 95 gt. It has coilovers front and rear strange 10 way shocks subframe conectors. No sway bars and lower control arms non adjustable. Also upr tubular k member with tubular arms and manual rack and pinion. Anyways is this doable. I know its not ideal but id just dont need to cars for toys. Any advice would be nice.

Thanks,
Cameron

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Throw some wider wheels on it and go have fun. I've tried to tell me friends that you don't have to have a built autocross-specific car to go out there and have fun avoiding cones. Find a rulebook, make sure your car will pass tech (working seatbelts, no massive fluid leaks, battery bolted down, the basics) and go give it a shot.

RichV

Reaction score
Yep, put some sticky tires and give it a shot. When you're ready for the next step, you'll know.

If this is your 1st time, the car has a lot more ability than you. So don't think of mods, just go. Once you have some seat time, you'll know where the car needs help, then you can mod.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what makes your car more drag friendly?

OP
OP
cameron57

cameron57

Reaction score
C4 and turbo fats and skinnys. Springs are 125 rear and like 150 front.

Addermk2

Reaction score
FWIW, 150lb front coilover springs... are actually stiffer than stock.

RichV

Reaction score
Don't run fats/skinnis. The C4 should be interesting.

OP
OP
cameron57

cameron57

Reaction score
Haha plus it has a stall but hell y not just something else to do with it. Never done any car racing as in autocross or roadracing. But I use to race shifter karts and was able to be competive.

DavidBoren

Reaction score
I think the main thing is just to go out and try a couple times with the focus on having fun. After a couple events, you will have a much better understanding of what you need to work on, and where your car needs improvements or adjustments made.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.