Auto and manual driveshafts...

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
Alright, im gonna be starting my 5 speed swap soon, almost got everything, picking up the pedal assy. soon, but i have a quick question about the driveshafts...

Are they both the same? can i use my auto driveshaft and just change the yoke? or do i have to use a manual driveshaft...I have a T-5 driveshaft out of a 95 GT, can I use that?

Thanks!

voidfinger

Reaction score
just change the yoke.

You need anything else to change it in? i got some stuff since i was going to do it and desided not to....:)

OP
OP

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
just change the yoke.

You need anything else to change it in? i got some stuff since i was going to do it and desided not to....:)

Well what ya got? i need a few things....i need a clutchh cable and the firewall adjuster...I alreadyy have the trans, harness, clutch assembly, and getting the pedals and the shifter boot with the plastic console piece soon...i have a stock shifter, but a aftermarket one would be nice :)

Oh, and i need that dust boot thing....that goes over the shifter...lol

voidfinger

Reaction score
well, i have a pro 5.0 power tower shifter / block plate that goes between the trans and the engine since it is different, i have the pedals , i think i might have the boot........ i think its got a little tear in it though. really small. I also got a pro 5.0 black ball knob. Let me know :)

OP
OP

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
well, i have a pro 5.0 power tower shifter / block plate that goes between the trans and the engine since it is different, i have the pedals , i think i might have the boot........ i think its got a little tear in it though. really small. I also got a pro 5.0 black ball knob. Let me know :)

ahh, i got the block plate already....had to go out and check....hehe how much you want for that pro 5.0 shifter? you got a clutch assembly? i have a used stock clutch, but i dont wanna use it, and then 30k miles later i gotta drop the trans to change the damn thing...haha. LMK! :)

voidfinger

Reaction score
let me see what i want for the shifter. :) i'll let you know soon

just to let you know , it has some miles on it. On the cast iron ring part, it has surfuse rust and it has a little play since the springs are worked though. You could get new springs from 5.0 for next to nothing. Let me know what you want to do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online