auto trannys in our 5.0s

95pootang

Reaction score
when im driving in town i feel the over drive just bogs my car down , do you guys feel the same about your auto trannys. so i drive in 3rd gear and it makes a big difference. when i slam the peddle in my car with the blower it seems like it hesatates when reving before it kicks into gear in over drive , give me some feed back for you guys who have blowers and auto trannys in your cars. i wanna know what your feeling when that blower kicks in with your auto set up . my tannys brand new so im just wondering if theres anything im missing here.i have the stock converter, the ? was brought up about a 2000 to 2500 stall converter , but my self and the mechanic called the tranny place , and the guys said if im not running a real radical cam theres no need for one of thoses converters.my cams a mild com cam, so pick this apart and tell me what ya think. thanks gil

Reaction score
Whoever told you torque converters are only good for radical cams, needs to read up. It has been proven that with a 2400 converter and some 3.73's. You can drop your 1/4 time between .4-.7.

Another way to solve this is to put a T5 in. :)

ylw95gts

Reaction score
Overdrive just on the highways for me. Local roads 3rd. Around town 2nd. >:D

danman765432

Reaction score
That happened to me before I got my new trans put in and gears...It is still and AODE but now all beefed up and let me tell you a torque converter helps a lot. I have a 2800 PI converter and it is great. It does it a slight bit going into overdrive...it seems like it bogs a tiny big. My problem now is that I bang off the rev limiter all the time when punching it.

FEAST SN95 JPN

Reaction score
Having the same problem, so when I called my Ford Tech in Canada, he mentioned that the solenoind (shift solenoid I believe) on the side of the AODE have been known to collect moisture which causes the intermitent shifting problem. Not positive, but it sounds true, though i havent been bothered to replace it yet.

wiplash

Reaction score
DUMP THE SLUSH BOX! Man I did and I'm not lookin back. I couldn't handle that my stock 5L couldn't break the tires loose on dry pavement. Not stock anymore but who cares its gone.

OP
OP

95pootang

Reaction score
WEL THATS NOT A PROB BREAKING THE TIRES, THIS BABY LITES THEM UP AWESOME WITH MY KB ON HER, SHE JUST WENT IN ON MONDAY FOR HER DYNO TUNE ILL POST THE NUMBERS WHEN HES DONE. AS FAR AS MY AUTO HES GOING TO TUNE THE SHIFTING POINTS WHILE TUNING IT , SO WE SHALL SEE.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.