Auto transport!

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
I've decided to make this thread so that maybe it would be educational to those that might need educating in this area, or might be looking forward to a similar circumstance.

Well i've finally managed to save up a few bucks to get the mustang shipped from the parents house up north down here to my new home. Should be putting things into motion as early as next week, its been damn long enough!

As far as the method of shipment i've looked into a good amount of tractor trailer type shippers, but for a covered trailer (a necessity for me) i cant seem to talk them down below a grand! I guess i shouldnt be surprised considering its an 1800 mile trip!

After thorough research of all possible options, i've dug up these guys as my best possible option (i think...i'm pretty sure):

www.autolog.net

They seem to be very professional and on point with their knowledge and such.

Plus the fact that they mention that they are the only company handling your ride for the entire trip beginning to end. This isnt the case often with other companys in which they sub-let out their recieved automobiles to smaller auto transport companies that actually have the trucks. Seems shady to me. :(

Also, they do something different with a TRAIN instead of a tractor trailer, that is of course covered and they use a chock system instead of chains to secure your ride.

I dunno man, seems like they are the ones for me with the price being $400-$500 less than the other outfits using trucks.

Suggestions? Comments? Flames? Questions?
All welcome! :drunk:

19Cobra94

I had my 94 black cobra shipped to me out here in Utah from Tennessee. I used DAS transport service. Paid extra for covered trailer, extra to ride on top etc. They don't tell you your car will sit up to 2 weeks at some terminal, uncovered out in the elements until they have a truck scheduled for pick-up. Covered trailer was a joke, car had nice 5 inch scuff on the quarter panel (N\C) and the guy started to wash the car with a MOP and bucket before I got there to the pick the car up at the terminal. I would like to warn everyone on this board to please STAY FAR AWAY from DAS shipping service. :slap:

19Cobra94

OP
OP
F

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Shit yeah, thats the kind of junk i'm trying to avoid, hopefully my GT will get treated a little better with this autolog company, because like i said, they boast about being the only company to touch your ride the entire way through and theyre very professional about it also boasting being in the business since the 50's!

Most of the mistreatment (i.e.- scuffs, dents,scratches and washing your car with a mop and bucket!) comes into play when they sub-let your vehicle out to the smaller companys that actually own the trucks!

Trains are for me i suppose on this one!

Thanks for the replys guys. Hopefully this thread will be helpful to someone. ;)

Any other comments or suggestions are welcome! :thumb:

Spyder

Reaction score
19COBRA94

Utah huh, what part? Dalamar and I are fellow UT stang owners. Would be nice to have a few more on this forum.

19Cobra94

Hey Spyder, I'm in South Jordan. Just off 48 west in the Woodranch development. We just moved out here last Aug. so I'm still trying to figure the area out. I did find one speed shop over on Redwood, but I used to live 40 min from Summit Racing in Ohio so it pales by comparison. It does not seem to be a car type area like it was back in Ohio, every Fri- Sat had places to go with hundreds of cars. Of course it could be my age of 40 that is my problem LOL.

Spyder

Reaction score
Well, let me be the first to welcome you. I live in West jordan, and Dalamar is in Midvale. The best shop in the valley, well for mustangs, is Modular Madness West. Great guys, very sharp, and good work. They are on State street and about 8400 south. There are some places to find people on the weekends, but they are not easy to find :hammer:

Anyways, if you ever feel like hookin up, maybe cruisin around, i know im down, and as ssoon as dalamar gets his forged assembly in, im sure he would be too.

TheBab

Reaction score
OLD Thread I know.. but just to update..

I just used American Auto Transporters AAT.... and they SUCK.. Horrible customer service.

I have yet to call and talk to them without being on hold for 15mins each time. No joke...

I paid $2300 NON covered trailer... to ship from Michigan to Alaska...

I was never informed of the vehicle needing to be on a 1/2 tank of gas for the trip.. so they charged me $80 to "defuel" my vehicle... basically drain some gas from it....

Very unprofessional company...

My car arrives next Friday.. so we'll see if it's even in once piece. :dunno: :'(

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Wow Bab, hopefully 5Liter will have a much better experience.

gixxer007

Reaction score
I just bought my 95 Gt from FL a few weeks back and I used a company called auto transport and they were great. I didnt ask or care about the enclosed part but I wahted the top which I got. They were great and the driver stayed intouch with me everyday until it arrived.
The car came from FL to CT and they only charged me 600.00 door to door service and the top of the truck. They were fully ins and lic, I dont have their info with me know but if someone needs it shoot me a e-mail and I can get it for you.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
Good info man! I think im going to get my next major vehicle from the states and get it transported up here.

is it better in canada then it is here in the state you think? i mean do you like it more there? ive talked to a girl from there before and she said its so much better that we think we have freedoms but we dont and all this other stuff. i know this is off topic and if you wanna make a new thread matt and we could about it there or you could PM me but i was wondering. i wouldnt mind taking a trip there.

MikeF

Reaction score
ya i live in kansas moved here from louisiana and there is no street racing seen here

ram360

Reaction score
I had a guy ship my fox body from denver CO to PA in 2002. I think it cost me something like $800 way back when. The company I had did a good job, I'd have to see if I could find who it was though since It's been so long. Might want mention if the car is lowered, has ground effects, etc.. a lot of company won't even touch it if that's the case. I had probs w/ that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online