Auto vs Manual

Suspect

Reaction score
i was reading, but as soon as i saw Outlaw97GT's av my mind went blank. so what were we talking about? ;D

Downshift

Reaction score
Pro5ohKid said:
my car with mods in sig and AODE ran 14.7 with same tires it ran 13.9@100 with just 5 speed swap and no other changes at all.

You ran 13.9 with O/R H and Flowmasters and timing? Anything else thats pretty damn good.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Dalamar said:
Actually it's 15% power loss on the manual, 17% loss on the automatic.

also with the automatic, you get a little more torque on the top end from the convertor.

I dont agree with that jeff, every thing I have ever read says 20%......sometimes more :-\

Really! what I read said 17, but that was on new transmissions/convertors.
the older one's probably are higher like that, the convertor is probably less efficient?

Hybridbird

Reaction score
I told myself I would never have an auto,that was until 2 things happened.
1) I tried to fit my big corn-fed ass into an SN95 and found out I barely fitmin one even after I moved the seat 3" back with custom brackets....so working a clutch is out of the question.
2)I moved to a place like *cough* Florida *cough* where there are about 100,000 cars and enough road for about 60,000.I sit in traffic EVERY FUKIN WHERE I GO....NO WAY I am clutching in this shit. :rant: :slap:

97vertstang

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
Snakebit said:
Dalamar said:

also with the automatic, you get a little more torque on the top end from the convertor.

I dont agree with that jeff, every thing I have ever read says 20%......sometimes more :-\

the older one's probably are higher like that, the convertor is probably less efficient?
the aods/4r70w probably only take 17% the c4s take alittle more but weigh less. i know the th400 takes 45hp :eek: and the th350 takes 25hp. the c6 takes more hp away than the th400 :noes: those are the big boy trannys.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
Snakebit said:
Dalamar said:

i guess so, its been a while since I have read on automatics but I know back when I did I always seen a loss quote of 20% :( the new trannys are probally MUCH better these days.

NotQuik

Reaction score
5.0wned said:
Pro5ohKid said:
my car with mods in sig and AODE ran 14.7 with same tires it ran 13.9@100 with just 5 speed swap and no other changes at all.

You ran 13.9 with O/R H and Flowmasters and timing? Anything else thats pretty damn good.

Not yet, soon to be 3.73's added to the list I hope as I keep saying this.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
When i was younger i would have said manual over auto but after beating my auto for 11 years and no failure i will praise these 4R70W's all day long as they are far stronger then the 5spd's...
with my PI3200 and TrandGo shift kit i had no problem with those manual cars i faced unless they were blown/juiced.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
People have always bitched about the auto in my car. I liked it, and had no problems with it, like DT said.
it's sure nice in traffic and crusing.

I think some "people" just drive a slug auto, and think they're all like that.
the newer convertors are more efficient than they used to be, as mentioned above.

so, like I said, it's preferance. :)

97vertstang

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
People have always bitched about the auto in my car. I liked it, and had no problems with it, like DT said.
it's sure nice in traffic and crusing.

I think some "people" just drive a slug auto, and think they're all like that.
the newer convertors are more efficient than they used to be, as mentioned above.

so, like I said, it's preferance. :)
here in so cal theres ALWAYS traffic and damn does that 5spd gets tiring.

97blackgt

Reaction score
esp when you have a HEAVY ASS Clutch like my car does....my leg would be shakin after 5 minutes in traffic :noes:

Hicks

Reaction score
My auto is sexy :p Don't care what you say. It does the shifting for me while i focus on more important things (girl next to me)

Cobra Mike

Reaction score
Re; Bring a car into Canada
It's no problem bring a car into Canada, I done it 3 times now. You need a CLEAR title and that stays with US Customs for 72 hours. After that you stop at the Canadian side and pay the fed tax and a small fee. When you go to your motor vehicle office to change it over into your name you pay the Prov. sales tax meaning you pay the HST in total only. Ottawa will sent you the proper papers to have the car checked at Canadian Tire ( I know of all places)
After that it's done,, but check and see if the vehicle can come into Canada because some US vehicles can not be imported.
I hope this helps like I said I done this 3 times now with no problems
2001 Tundra - ebay
1995 Cobra - racing Junk
1985 Motorhome - ebay

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online