Auto Xer's

voidfinger

Reaction score
Hey anyone have there car built up for road racing? just wondering since most people have drag cars..... I'm thinking about doing a bondarant style car lol. Gotta love the orange.

G

GREG@SN95

theres a few guys on here...

shoot... if ya wanna road race then go for it... its lots of fun...

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
i don't know i just love the thought of going through some hard turns and matting the throttle, i wish i knew of some places to road race. And I've fell in love with the bondarant raceing mustangs they use to use. :banana: I have an idea of what i want to do but i don't know if its good or not since i don't come from a road race background.

Greggerex

Reaction score
I did some AutoX in 2006 for the first time... I sucked. :D

But it was balls of fun! I'll be at it again this year - with the blower I'm expecting to suck even more. ;D

Maybe I should do some more handling mods...

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you guys get a chance to run on a road course, do it! It's a lot of fun!

I'm building my car to run courses, as you know Voidfinger... ;)
That's one of the reasons I swapped to a manual tranny.

there's plenty of suspension options to go with handeling.
Maximum Motorsports or Griggs for parts and experience.
I like MM.

you'll defintaley want good subs, lower car, good tires.
then add on from there as you want!

96sohc

Reaction score
I've done several events with my 96, however the car was classed way above my potential so obviously I wasn't going to win any points; however I signed up for the events to have some practice under my belt.
As soon as I get my 3650 in I'll be doing HPDE's all up and down the east coast.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
I REALLY want to race in the spring. I think watching somebody autocrossing for a minute is way more exciting than someone running a 13 second quarter mile.

The thing is I don't think my 225 Firestones and 6" lift is gonna help any? Oh well it should be fun. My uncles used to be really into it so hopefully I can learn a little bit from them.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
my mustang is setup more for turn fast then 1/4 but since ints an auto and vert i never took it on a road course. I used to beat on my RX7 a few times a year at the local events but nothing serious...its was shit loads of fun except when guys in stock miatas would blow by you ;D

96sohc

Reaction score
OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
Well i've got some good mods to start with. It has 17x9 Cobra R's with 255/40 WR kuhmo Supras and it has KB subframes with the seat t bracket. I has the stock k member brace and Steeda CC plates with The spherical bushing. It has eibach prokit with a coil cut off and i just got some fox body KYB's to go on it. I'm thinking b4 i install the shockes i was thinking about putting on a bump steer and some poly bushings all around. Does this sound like a good set up to you all? I was wondering about the solid steering gear bushings what do you all think about those? just wandering. And if your wondering about the power department, I'm doing a 4v swap: maybe a c headed beast backed by a rebuilt t45 and 4.10's out back....... Well let me know what you all think. Thanks

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
96SOHC what does your car have done to it. Just wondering if you have any performance mods or suspension mods cuz that thing has a killer stance to it.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like a good start Voidfinger

The 4V will be nice, and gears would be good for the corner-exit acceleration

I don't know much about the solid steering.

G

GREG@SN95

voidfinger said:
Well i've got some good mods to start with. It has 17x9 Cobra R's with 255/40 WR kuhmo Supras and it has KB subframes with the seat t bracket. I has the stock k member brace and Steeda CC plates with The spherical bushing. It has eibach prokit with a coil cut off and i just got some fox body KYB's to go on it. I'm thinking b4 i install the shockes i was thinking about putting on a bump steer and some poly bushings all around. Does this sound like a good set up to you all? I was wondering about the solid steering gear bushings what do you all think about those? just wandering. And if your wondering about the power department, I'm doing a 4v swap: maybe a c headed beast backed by a rebuilt t45 and 4.10's out back....... Well let me know what you all think. Thanks

go with a built T5... less rotating weight...

96sohc

Reaction score
Suspension is just H&R Sports with KYB's, performance wise is just a few bolt-ons plus a PI Intake, nothing extraordinary.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
96sohc said:
Suspension is just H&R Sports with KYB's, performance wise is just a few bolt-ons plus a PI Intake, nothing extraordinary.

do you have spacers on your rear wheels? they sure sit nice and sexy flush?

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
thats what i was wondering wow. It sure looks nice don't it. :) O0

96sohc

Reaction score
Nope, no spacers on the wheels, 18x10's with 285s.
Here is what it looks like now...

Picture002.jpg

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting, that's the same wheel/tire size I have :dunno:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member