Autocrossing my 98 GT with an automatic

Neumie71

Reaction score
As anyone autocross with the Ford 4r70w trans. Because of my left foot not working its best these days I'm stuck with using a automatic. This will be my first time running the cones with a V8. Usually I'm doing this with a 4 cylinder 4 or 5 speed. Anyone have any pointers? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-S215DL using Tapatalk

Warhorse Racing

Reaction score
I've instructed a few students with automatic SN95 Mustangs at autocross events. I usually have them put the car in 2nd gear and lock out overdrive. Keeping the revs up is important, especially when entering slow elements. In some elements you'll want to start rolling on the throttle earlier than you would with a manual. What rear gears do you have?

OP
OP
N

Neumie71

Reaction score
I have the factory 3.23 for now. Going to run a few events this spring before I make major changes. Its going to be different with something that actually has some torque.

Warhorse Racing

Reaction score
It's always a good idea to do a few events in a new car before you start making changes. If you ever have any questions about mods, I'm happy to help.

OP
OP
N

Neumie71

Reaction score
Thank you. Your YouTube videos have helped a bunch with car setup.

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
I used to autocross my 94 auto back when it was a v6. It was faster than the cobras! Mostly because they always seemed to spin out and/or collect cones along the way. I only raced on the local level despite doing “very well,” always coming in first in my class. I put that in quotes because the class I raced in was DSPL :D

200.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online