Automatic shifting questions.

Stock982v

Reaction score
Hey guys i have a 1998 gt , and its a automatic sadly but i have a question about it. If i were in Drive (D) if i were of the right speed could i move the shifter down to 2 (2nd) gear , or would the transmission S#i! its self? Also what is the name of my transmission?

Nighttrain

Reaction score
You have a 4r70w. If youre at the right speed itll shift into the next lower gear, increase your rpms. This could, i say could cause you to break traction, over rev the motor and or hurt the trans if you dont have it right. Again i say COULD. Alot of people do this for their own reasons. Do i recommend this? If im driving, but its your car.

OP
OP
S

Stock982v

Reaction score
You have a 4r70w. If youre at the right speed itll shift into the next lower gear, increase your rpms. This could, i say could cause you to break traction, over rev the motor and or hurt the trans if you dont have it right. Again i say COULD. Alot of people do this for their own reasons. Do i recommend this? If im driving, but its your car.
Thanks man , I was just wondering I tried it going like 45 put it in second and I got some rpm , worked out good for me I was about to race a 350z lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Staff online

Members online