Autometer gauges. elec or mech?? which ones

MoonlightGT

Reaction score
i want to intall a autometer water temp gauge in my A-pillar gauge pod. do u guys use electric or mechanical gauges?? which one should i use and how is it installed?

Daywalker

Reaction score
I have no idea how they're installed, but from what I've been told, the ONLY manual gauge you should have is boost. The electrical ones are the way to go for any others...

96stangerGT

Reaction score
mechanical are more acurate.. but electric are easier to install only cause with mechanical gauges you have to keep the lines away from
heat,rubbing, anything could tear the line open....

Downshift

Reaction score
Ya, Mechanical you have to have the lines all the way to the gauge. So ones like oil pressure and what not you would have an oil line in your cab with you. Get the electrical one. I just got an oil pressure and it comes with everything you need except wiring. Pressure sender and all.

Im not sure if they make a mech. water temp? Are you asking what other guages you should get too? The electrical water temp guage comes with everything also. I have both waiting to be installed.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
id go with a mechanical water temp gauge if ya can. ya they may be a little harder to run lines to but its not that bad plus they are very accurate and you get a full sweep. to get a full sweep electric gauge you pay big $$$

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online