Autumn Orange 97 GT Revival (Build Thread)

kvoriley

Reaction score
Hey I'm Kalob, from Indianapolis, go to school in Evansville, Indiana. This is my DD driven 1997 Autumn Orange GT. Bought this car October of 2012.
Figured while I have time I'd go ahead and start my college budget build thread. This is my first build thread, so bear with me ha.
When I bough the car it was VERY rough.

Here are some things I dealt with when I first purchased the car:
-Emission lines that go to the EGR vacuum solenoid were flipped to make it sounds like it was cammed LOL
-Rear calipers were frozen
-Struts/shocks were shot
-Had to rip the carpet out because someone had spilt a quart of oil on the carpet. :BangHead: This took hours of degreasing and pressure washing. But I did find 20 dollars worth of change! and a bunch of rusty nails. This car was beat on, bad.
-A monster tac was bolted on the dash putting two huge holes that I have plugged, might try to fill it and paint it soon.
-Trunk Interior was completely gutted
-Two blown spark plugs
-I also noticed on my trip home the odometer was broken
-Seats looked like someone had stabbed them with a knife
-I'm sure there is more that I am forgetting lol.
-In the end I found it suitable to just find a replacement engine, the car had dumps when I first bought it and when I installed the flowmaster tips, I noticed it smoked like hell and burned the shit out of oil.

I don't have a whole lot of pictures yet, I'll try and post more as I progress.

So far, mods/maintenance includes:

PI Engine Swap from junkyard (only had 29k miles)
-New headgaskets, headbolts, etc.
-Comp xe270ah cams, valvesprings, retainers..
-3:73 gears
-Short Throw
-Repaired odometer gear
-New KYB shocks/struts
-J&M upper and lower control arms
-UPR o/r xpipe, MAC mufflers, with flowmaster tips
-Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
-Ford Racing PI intake
-78mm BBK throttle body/plenum
-K&N CAI

Future Plans:
-Rebuild Rear End
-Longtubes
-Car needs paint, bad lol
-Change that goofy looking Cervini hood
-Possibly K-member, front coilovers (trying to find something that will work for a DD
-Repair small amount of rust on underbody, and possibly an undercoating will follow.

Car shortly after I bought it (after I cleaned the hell out of it)
526285_3180574319395_882894877_n_zps1def2b95.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Most recent photo:

image_zps1795e6bb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here are some pics of putting the PI engine back together:

1151048_10201365445212107_27740225_n_zpsaf8902bb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

1277887_10201365445292109_38745625_o_zpsf0d03ca4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

10403166_10153005057893942_6708758411135727282_n_zpsd69eac81.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And more to come!

joshuaw3

Reaction score
This is sweet man almost like my build. My odometer doesn't work either. How did you fix it?

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Great stuff!

I don't know much about the autumns. IIRC, 97 option only and like 1500 of them?

OP
OP
K

kvoriley

Reaction score
This is sweet man almost like my build. My odometer doesn't work either. How did you fix it?

Thanks! If you go on latemodel resto they sell the plastic gears to repair it. Iirc they were only about 14 bucks.

OP
OP
K

kvoriley

Reaction score
Great stuff!

I don't know much about the autumns. IIRC, 97 option only and like 1500 of them?

Thank you, yeah there were only 1519 of them made. It's a great color, almost changes in certain light. It needs paint pretty badly though. Clearcoat is fading on both fenders and on the passenger side.

I haven't been very good about taking pictures of all my projects, but I will try to post more soon if I can dig up some more photos.

OP
OP
K

kvoriley

Reaction score
I am back from the dead! I graduate in the next week so I am going to start on the car again soon.

Just ordered myself a graduation gift lol. My driveshaft needs rebalanced so I took it as an opportunity to upgrade to an aluminum, so it should be here in the next couple of days.

Also just installed magnaflow magnapack catback recently, I will have pictures and videos up soon!

Caboose302

Reaction score
It's funny that I've still never seen an Autumn Orange in person. Love that color.

OP
OP
K

kvoriley

Reaction score
Thanks!

More crap ordered to install for this weekend.
Shifter bushing to fix my sloppy shifter, power steering line (mine is leaking), and ordered some H&R SS Springs, hopefully they will ride a little better than the eBay junk that is currently on it lol

I also had a hard time finding the right power steering line for some reason. It seemed like parts stores list about 3 or 4 different lines for some reason, and none of them come with the little bracket that mounts to the pump. We will see if this is the right one, its the 3rd one I've ordered lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online