Back after a super long hiatus, gone over to the 4.6 Darkside

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Have been out of Mustangs for a few years, my 95 Cobra basically sat as I've been deployed, wife had a kid, work went nuts here at home, bought a house among other things. Sold the 95 Cobra at 66,000 original miles in September to pay off a bunch of stuff racked up during the closing of my house and almost immediately regretted it. Looked around for giggles a bit recently and stumbled upon a gem I could not pass up. Picked up a 98 GT with a 99 PI motor, PI intake, just about every bolt on, RUST FREE, and very tastefully modified cosmetic wise. Belonged for a long time to an enthusiast in NJ who goes by GPINTAURO on the Corral, not sure if he is on here but I'd imagine so. He sold it to another member in March who pretty much immediately decided he wanted to go a different direction putting less than 1,000 miles on it and I bought it from him. Car has 114k on the clock and is in very nice condition. Interior is clean but shows its age but that will be fixed this weekend with a full black swap/new ACC carpet and I'll be redoing the seats as soon as my foam and TMI upholstery comes in from LRS. Anyway, pics:

Etown2010003.jpg

Etown2010005.jpg

98stang004.jpg

98mustang017.jpg

003.jpg

Current mods are:

Exterior Mods:
Cervini Cobra R hood
Ford cobra front bumper
Cobra headlights W/HID's
SW stainless bumper inserts
Saleen S 281 wing
Envoy foglights w/HID's

Interior mods:
MGW billet A/C knobs
Headlight switch
Turn signal handle
Tilt handle
Shifter knob
Door lock pins
Bullitt shifter trim ring
Bullitt pedals

Powertrain mods:
99 Windsor short block (about 75k on it)
NEW FMS PI heads (less than 5k on them)
Trick Flow Upper plenum
FMS 70mm throttle body
Steeda underdrive pullies
Steeda timing adjuster
FMS stainless shorty headers
Team Breed cast aluminum Cam covers
Canton Rad. Tank
Moroso Aluminum p/s res. tank
King Cobra Clutch (less than 5k on it)
FMS 3:73 gears
2 ½ off road H pipe (Will come with NIB BBK Catted X)
2 ½ Thrush chambered mufflers w/ stainless Flowmaster tailpipes
Aluminum driveshaft
Steeda Tri-ax shifter
Good Year high miler hose kit
Fiore Clutch quadrant
Fiore Clutch adjuster
New clutch cable
New motor mounts
All new Gaskets on motor
New o2 sensors
Steeda cold air kit
C&L true flo intake pipe

Suspension mods:
BBK Lowering Springs (New)
Maximum Motorsport Caster/camber plates
Tokico Illumina shocks and struts
Steeda Lower control arms
Steeda boxed upper control arms
13in. bullitt front brakes
11.65 bullitt rear brakes
17x8 Chrome Bullitts front w/ 255/40’s nitto 555's
17x10.5 Chrome Bullitts rear w/ 315/ 35 Nitto dr’s

Plans for the immediate future is aforementioned full black interior, MAC white faces with LEDs, LEDs in the HVAC controls and debating going back to stock from all the billet stuff, never had it before and can't decide if I'm a fan or not... After that I'm just going to do what I failed to do with the Cobra for the last 3-4 years I had it and ENJOY IT. It is going to continue to be garage kept and only driven on nice days so it won't get out much in the winter. Probably going to do BBK longtubes over the winter and MAYBE MMR stage 1 Nitrous cams for the lope and if I ever decide to spray it. Oh, subframes at some point soon too.

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Thanks, glad I have a house too and sometimes want to kill the kid even though I love her to death but that's life lol.

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Absolute Beauty! Is that Atlantic Blue?

Yup, that it is. Should have more pics tomorrow night of new interior... or mostly new interior. Seats will get done when the new foam/covers arrive. One thing I did not think of were the stupid sill plates that stick in the lower door jamb but you can't see them when the door is closed so w/e for now. Also, of all things the nylon pull handles on the rear seats are grey so I have no idea where I am going to find just the latches with the black nylon. Probably going to have to buy a ratty old cloth black upper rear seat just for the latches and the black nylon pulls...

Anyway, took it out today for the first time since I bought it and it was an absolute blast. Its been raining all goddam week so it stayed in the garage. 315 wide Nitto DRs out back... I have no idea why I never did DRs on my last Stang but I will never not have them again as this car will never see rain unless I get caught in it.

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Oh my god you don't know how bad I want this car... 0__o

Heh, well I don't see myself selling it for awhile... I actually paid less for this than I sold my Cobra for and I like it better already. Always been a huge fan of blue mustangs, my first one ever was basically the fox version of this car. 91 GT metallic blue, two tone grey/black interior, chrome rims, modified like crazy, saleen wing and lowered. I love SN95s though, will never go back to a fox although I don't think there is anything wrong with them, I just like the SN95 cars 1000x better.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Very nice find! Priorities come first, glad you took care of the shelter part first and the wife and kid. The car is beautiful that's forsure. I love the foglights' I'm gonna have to look into some of those. Very nice mods on it as well and the chrome bullitts actually look great. Glad to have you back, and on the 4.6 side! lol

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Black interior is almost completely done, will post pics next week when I get all the billet stuff gone and swapped for nice stock black. Never was a huge fan of billet personally. Once I get ahold of a steering wheel puller I'll swap the wheel out, everything else is totally done minus the seats which will just stay as is until my new foam/upholstery gets here. Also should be getting my white face gauges in soon but will have to wait until a spare V6 cluster I bought gets here so I can cannibalize the front of it as the cluster in there now was goobered up a bit to get the silver bezels it has in there now installed. Can't see it at all with the cluster bezel on the dash though.

Going to be out of town a LOT in the next month or so though, not sure when I'll get around to the seats but it will be soon enough. Then I'm going to just drive it and enjoy it until the winter. Then I'll probably start looking at making it go faster. Longtubes and cams for sure, maybe some type of power adder if funds allow. Seriously thinking of picking up one of the many Tremec 3550s that are practically being given away these days and throwing that in there. Had one in my 95 and it was great, also not having to worry about a glass jaw T5/T45 grenading out from under me would be nice.

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Welp the doors are totally done, 1/4 panels done, got the stick on sill plates to install this weekend and the billet is all gone for stock stuff.

2012-05-27_13-38-22_623.jpg

2012-05-27_13-39-03_178.jpg

2012-05-27_13-39-50_585.jpg

Been taking forever to finalize this swap... been gone and back and gone and back and gone and back. I guess I can't complain about being paid to go to San Antonio and Vegas in the span of 5 days tho... Chicago for 3 days thurs-sat with full pay plus per-diem this week staying at a hotel on the Magnificent Mile woot woot...

Also got the seat foam in but the upholstery is still backordered so I'll have to keep waiting... Also need to get a tap/die set because the guy who sold me the black parts apparently tried to pull the steering wheel and blew the threads completely out of one of the holes for the puller bolts grumble... I will say that after driving this for a few weeks it is much nicer to drive than my old 95 Cobra but does lack a good 40-50rwhp that the Cobra had so I'm going to have to look into power upgrades this winter... Was thinking supercharger but am starting to really lean towards a turbo setup that will give me room to grow later. Also thinking of buying another engine stand and finding a Teksid block and then going from there... My heads only have 5k on them and a 3550 swap into one of these cars is like a 4 hour job at most with a lift/friend/beer so the trans won't grenade on the first pull lol.

See this is what I love about Mustangs over any other car. We have an EFFING TON of choices/parts/mods for dirt cheap and plentiful compared to anything else and our cars are stupid easy to work on.

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Back and working on this biznitch again. White faces are done, they are MACs which are the only ones I could find that were not reverse indiglo ricer crap. Eff spending $200+ for a 98 Cobra cluster lol...

2012-06-09_18-39-47_917.jpg

And started on the upholstery today, don't have pics of that yet but omfg the rear seat is complicated... hold down threads, rod inserts ugh... on the plus side the vinyl upholstery is extremely nice and is going to last forever. Won't stain, maintenance free, will not absorb back sweat like leather and cloth which is another +. I have the sill plates swapped as well which was much easier than I thought. After the upholstery I will have a full black interior and then I need to take it to the base and get some of my own "glamour shots" in front of one of the static displays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995