Back after many years(lights)

daves94vert

Reaction score
Back in the scene after letting my baby basically rot the last 10 years. I would only run it for 5-10 minutes a month or two. Well, my daughter put a fire in my ass by wanting to drive it her senior year. Had to drop the tank and change the fuel pump to get her running. Took it up the road and stomped on it. Man I forgot how beastly it ran. First and second are nearly non existent(spinning). Last time at the track in the convertible it ran a 13.83 2.02 60ft. Stock heads and cam. Anyway, drove it at night and the lights are crap compared to modern lights. What are some upgrades to make it better for night driving. Thanks and I’m sure I’ll be posting plenty more in the upcoming weeks and months. Getting a new top in the coming week or two.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Glad to hear that
These cars have a certain nostalgic feeling about them
Reminds me of some older stangs iv had

Rod

Reaction score
I currently have these headlights with LED conversion. Truth be told I preferred having the BiHeadlights.jpg-zenon HID instead.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
The looks on the one piece are cleaner looking and a bit brighter
That's just my opinion
But I'm sure there are others out there

Rod

Reaction score
"The looks on the one piece are cleaner looking and a bit brighter"
I agree. I commute rural interstate and the one piece headlight + LED/HID puts down great light patterns.

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Back in the scene after letting my baby basically rot the last 10 years. I would only run it for 5-10 minutes a month or two. Well, my daughter put a fire in my ass by wanting to drive it her senior year. Had to drop the tank and change the fuel pump to get her running. Took it up the road and stomped on it. Man I forgot how beastly it ran. First and second are nearly non existent(spinning). Last time at the track in the convertible it ran a 13.83 2.02 60ft. Stock heads and cam. Anyway, drove it at night and the lights are crap compared to modern lights. What are some upgrades to make it better for night driving. Thanks and I’m sure I’ll be posting plenty more in the upcoming weeks and months. Getting a new top in the coming week or two.
It's interesting what you say about the lights being crap compared to modern cars.

I find the lights in the Mustang are much much better than those in my Jaguar X-Type from 2005. They are the crappiest lights of all the crappy lights that have ever been crap...

TMW

OP
OP
D

daves94vert

Reaction score
It’s possible they’re not adjusted properly or I’m just getting old. I’ll try the one piece headlights. Which hid lights do y’all recommend? I don’t like them blue lights some of the import guys use. What color are they now? I like the ones on my platinum. Are those hid or led? I haven’t looked at mustang stuff since superchargers were like 3k. Now I see they’re 4-5k. Dang.

Rod

Reaction score
If you are going HID look for 9007 type, you will want Bi-xenon if you want high beam and low, also look for 6000K as the color temp is as close to pure white as you can get. Your Platinum would be LED, but they are designed by Ford for that exact vehicle. The issue most aftermarket LEDs have is hot spots and dead spots in the beam pattern due to the restrictions they have trying to make them work with many vehicles. Xenon HIDs don't have this issue as they put out a true 360° beam pattern, so if installed corrrectly they put out a great pattern.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online