Back Again!

stangman281v8

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am not new to the site, but I figure I would re-introduce myself with my new car. Peviously, I had a 1997 GT with PI Heads,Cams, and intake. The car also had exhaust, tune, cai, suspension, cobra brakes, etc. I sold the car last year and was itching to get something again.

This weekend I picked up a 1995 GT, 5spd, Vert. The car has 104k miles on it and will need to be touched up cosmetically. The car has a CAI, exhaust, and suspension mods. Mechanically, the car has a power steering leak, the temp gauge isn't working (put a new sensor in the manifold, and that didn't work, and the CEL comes on and off (Lean codes).

I plan to completely detail the interior/exterior, install 96-98 rear tails, ditch the projector headlights, and just drive it.

Thanks,
Rob

IMG_1147_zpsogcyj4yg.jpg

IMG_1130_zpswmhxhcui.jpg

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Welcome from Staten Island! I had the same issue with the temp gauge and oil pressure. Changed the sensors and sending units, no bueno.. it's in the cluster, so I tossed in electric water temp and oil pressure gauges, problem solved.

OP
OP
S

stangman281v8

Reaction score
I was able to get up to my parents house a few weekends ago to clay bared and buffed the one side of the car. It cleaned up a lot of the scratches, and I am eager to find some time where I can spend the whole day cleaning the whole car.

The car is running a little rough at idle and is throwing lean codes. I dropped the car off at one of my friends shop. He found several vacuum leaks and the EGR valve was on it's way out.

[I

I just ordered new plugs, Ford Racing wires, MSD Cap/Rotor and planning on doing a full tune up on the car within the next week. I also swamped out the gauge cluster due to the faulty gauges.

Over the winter, I plan on fully detailing the car, paint engine brackets, replace the carpet, and add a few things here and there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online