Back from the grave!

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
So, haven't been on in a while since my car been through hell and back literally. Car actually caught fire after installing some bbk longtube I had gotten really cheap and new x-pipe at the same time. after taking a test drive around the block, I noticed the car ran funny and then it shut down and started to smoke! then the neighbors brought buckets of water and we put it out. End result is everything on the passenger side of the motor like wires, distributor cap, air intake hose and every bit of the harness. Took it all off and motor was fine, sold all the fuel injection stuff like Holley intake, FPR, old shorty headers, old cobra intake, and much more and went carbureted!!!:headbang: Now she's Back!

here's pics of the motor and car with new 18x9/18x10 cobra R's and cervini's cobra R hood!

mijdqs.jpg

2mrs4ma.jpg

95opal

Reaction score
looks good,,,, don't think I would put the regulator that close to the headers though

OP
OP
SLOW95GTS

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Thanks guys!, and opal, I was going to mount it on the firewall but some off the stuff would be hard to connect. Its pretty far from the headers anyway so its cool, just worried about leaks lol.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Welcome back dude! Looks really good too! Sucks though that it happened you didn't even get to enjoy it that long or did you?

OP
OP
SLOW95GTS

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
well the car with the h/c/I I drove for 6 months and did the longtubes and then it happened. then it sat for 4 months while I pieced all the carb parts like -6 fuel line, new fuel pickup, 650 cfm holley, and installed the tfs1 cam since I had a stock one in there. Oh and did a return style fuel system instead of the regular dead head version. Runs like it did before but with bigger balls lol.

DavidBoren

Reaction score
Sucks about the fire, man. Glad you got it under control before there was too much damage.

It's awesome that you have the car back on the road, though. Good job.

As for the fuel regulator... just add a little heat shield under it, between the fpr and the headers. You could even angle ittowards the firewall or fender so if the fpr does leak, it drips away from the headers. Just a little insurance against, well you know, an engine fire.

OP
OP
SLOW95GTS

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Thanks guys, yeah I actually wanted to carb since I planned on going with 347 later after the 302 says good bye and I've always liked the simple look. The engine is actually a bit different from the pic now. Today I was actually able to wash the car and snap some pics so here you go. Tomorrow I'll get some engine bay and interior pic also.
a3fp5d.jpg

2u3xevp.jpg

r7n2nd.jpg

Forseth

Reaction score
Looks good! Does the engine seem to be more responsive with it being carb'd?

OP
OP
SLOW95GTS

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Looks good! Does the engine seem to be more responsive with it being carb'd?

Thanks, and yes the car runs better all around. It's only a pain on the street.

here's some pics of the motor
15f1vfa.jpg

ejy4xw.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online