Back in the game....

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Well, this summer my wife got a wild hare and decided she wanted a yellow sn convertible. She wanted a GT and auto(yawn), and had a limited budget. We searched and looked around on cl and other sites. She sent me two to three ads a day so after a few weeks of this I was ready for her to buy one! We drove all the way to Louisville to look at one, the guy wanted 4000 for it. We got there and he neglected to mention it was a rebuilt total, and whoever did it sucked at body and paint work. Nothing matched, sand scratches on the front end, nothing lined up and the core support was more crooked than Washington dc. The pass rear window was stuck down, passenger one didn't work and stuck up, brakes went to the floor, engine smoked, wasn't a thing in the trunk, no spare, no jack, no carpet, no panels, etc. I told the guy I wouldn't offer him over 1500 for it, and left it at that. We drove back and I was determined at that point to get her a car and be done with this. She sent me a link to a guy in VA, yellow 98 GT, auto, black leather interior, higher miles but looked in good shape. Had the optional 17" wheels(94-97 cobra wheels painted differently). He said he was on vacation at the beach and as soon as he had a sober minute he'd call me to tell me all about the car(I liked the guy already). He called one evening and told me everything he knew was wrong with the car and said it had never been wrecked and didn't have a spec of rust on it anywhere. I was very interested and trusted the guy right off the bat. We made the trip, wife, daughter and me(told the daughter it was our vacation for the summer, lol). We drove down and it took about 9 hours to get there, but a beautiful drive through the mountains from OH to WV, to VA. Got there, the car was just as the guy described it. Very nice looking car, original paint still shiney and the top wasn't in the greatest of shape, but he'd told me that in advance. We haggled a little and I got it for 2800. My wife drove it all the way home with the top down, smiling the whole way. It really is a nice car. I put cobra front brakes on it because I've ridden with her, nuff said. I checked it over, it's had an engine put in it, has the heat tabs glued on the freeze plugs and junkyard markings, but they put an NPI engine in it, sheesh. Auto has been rebuilt too, we had to have the dipstick tube resealed and it wasn't bolted to the trans either, so both those are done now and the leak is pretty much gone.
I have a procharger for it, injectors, maf, another engine, stroker kit, all kinds of stuff, but she doesn't start letting me drive it and have a key to it, I'm selling the stuff off, lol. I'll post pics when I get a way to do it. Just nice to be back in an sn, even if it's as a passenger.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yellow verts are great looking cars especially with the black top and interior.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
What droptop said! There's one in town where I live that hardly ever gets out, but I managed to see it yesterday. Yellow 94 GT with a black top and interior and a single step cowl hood. Looks very nice and it's a one owner car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online