Back Seat Delete - Subwoofer install

5.Woahhh

Reaction score
Looks good. I never got into upgrading the system in my car. I usualy ride with the music low or off anyway. Unless I'm on the highway and after an hour the drone is getting to me.

Burning Rubber

Reaction score
I'm considering doing this in my 95 convertible, any opinions on how that would look? Has anyone done a rear seat delete with subs in a convertible? If so any input?

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i think in a vert it woud need to be glassed with some contour to it. like maybe 2 amps at the bottom centered in the butt area with 2 subs mounted across the back area. and then contoured to follow the shape of the side panels. be alot of work but look way better than the typical 2 piece flat mdf/plywood set up.

then either paint body color or upholster to match seats.

MRRRRCK

Reaction score
I would just put a speedster cover over it and call it a day!

^ Agreed. Thats your only attractive answer other than completely containing it in the trunk, or doing some work with fiberglass and paint. Just keep in mind that the hydraulic pump for your top is located right behind your seat, the convertible is a bit tighter in that area of the car than the coupe is.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
the whole thing with the fiberglass speedster cover is if you push any decent wattage you will most likely have to insulate EVERY single contact point of the cover. nobody enjoys the baaa babaa baaaaaa vibrating sound.

but the whole setup wouldnt be worth it to me in a vert due to the quality of sound. unless you keep your top up you will basicly sound the same as trowing a sub enclosure in your back seat with the top down. TOOOOOOOOOOOOO much airspace. MUDDY

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online