Back with turbo, Recaros and 6spd

Walking Tall

Reaction score
How is everyone? I'm still alive. Family issues necessitated me getting rid of the Cobra a few months ago. I traded for an older F-150 that was supposed to be temporary and now I'm in this:

20141107_181635_zps998bc363.jpg

8768508c-113e-476c-92a6-69c49b4ea7b7_zps6734da8b.jpg

20141122_135103_zpsbc160565.jpg

20141122_135112_zps324c14e4.jpg

20141122_135154_zps9766f8a5.jpg

20141122_135205_zpse637b302.jpg

2014 Ingot Silver Focus ST. ST3 package with the sunroof option. I bought it new this month and it has a whopping 500 miles on it now. I had been looking at them a while and I'm glad I did. I absolutely love this car. It fits everything I need perfectly. Great DD and it handles so well. Interior quality is amazing and those seats are to die for. I've been lurking awhile and keeping up with all the build threads. It's good to be back!

Barner1

Reaction score
Cool car. Interior looks like it's got all kinds of things going on!

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome, love me some ST!

We should start a sub section on the forum for ST, everyone is getting one!

Pitbull_SN95

Reaction score
I bought one just a few months ago. I love mine. I didn't go with the Recaros, and the dealer didn't suggest them because on trips they are very uncomfortable. I have the same color, can never tell when its dirty.. I love it.

OP
OP
Walking Tall

Walking Tall

Reaction score
I really like the seats. But I'm tall and thin so the bolsters don't bother me. They do hug you pretty tight though. I'm driving down to the Georgia mountains for Thanksgiving so I'll get my first real test then. I love the gas mileage on this thing. 23-24 mpg in the city and that's getting in boost quite a bit.

OP
OP
Walking Tall

Walking Tall

Reaction score
Cool car. Interior looks like it's got all kinds of things going on!

Yeah it does. The navigation screen is a lot simpler but I downloaded the wallpaper from an ST forum. It makes it look a lot busier than it is.

Pitbull_SN95

Reaction score
I really like the seats. But I'm tall and thin so the bolsters don't bother me. They do hug you pretty tight though. I'm driving down to the Georgia mountains for Thanksgiving so I'll get my first real test then. I love the gas mileage on this thing. 23-24 mpg in the city and that's getting in boost quite a bit.

Yeah. That sounds like amazing mpg. I'm at 20.7-20.9 and I drive it fairly conservative with boost. Are you going to mod it at all?

OP
OP
Walking Tall

Walking Tall

Reaction score
Yeah. That sounds like amazing mpg. I'm at 20.7-20.9 and I drive it fairly conservative with boost. Are you going to mod it at all?

Maybe an exhaust and CAI. Tuning is up in the air. I could do a Cobb AP like everyone and hope it doesn't blow up or do the Ford ProCal and have the limited warranty. I'll probably do the ProCal but wait until the spring or summer when I have some miles on it

Nice ST,probably going to be my next car.

You won't regret it. For the money they can't be beat. I was looking at a 13 GT with 40K miles for what I got this for. I've always liked the 'Hot Hatch' segment. I'm glad I gave it a try.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Not quite what I had in mind when I read the title but at least I wasn't let down completely. Those new ST's are awesome.

I know a guy with one who has exhaust, intake, and a tune and it MOVES.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a few buddys with them locally. I test drove one, and the salesman was more excited to drive it than I was. He looked at me and said "Let me crush it!" and goes on to drive like a maniac. I was cool with it haha.

Good stuff though man, they are fun cars.

Sinned83

Reaction score
Congrats. These would be fun little cars in the snow

OP
OP
Walking Tall

Walking Tall

Reaction score
Not quite what I had in mind when I read the title but at least I wasn't let down completely. Those new ST's are awesome.

I know a guy with one who has exhaust, intake, and a tune and it MOVES.

I want to do an exhaust. But I have to be really picky because I really don't like the typical 4 cylinder sound. I like the MBRP catback.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I like the MBRP catback.

Really thats my least favorite.

I'd get the agency with the dual 3" titanium tips.
Borla I think sounds okay!

I think its magnaflow that makes it sound like a tractor. i sort of like it though, the turbo really comes out and sounds aggressive. But i feel like I'd like it for the first month, then meh.

Are you going to get an exterior mods?
Fifteen52 spoiler cups? front splitter? Widebody? wheels?

I've spent too much time planning one out... I love them, but I don't want to drive fwd in snow anymore. Hoping the 2016 AWD RS will be affordable...

OP
OP
Walking Tall

Walking Tall

Reaction score
Really thats my least favorite.

I'd get the agency with the dual 3" titanium tips.
Borla I think sounds okay!

I think its magnaflow that makes it sound like a tractor. i sort of like it though, the turbo really comes out and sounds aggressive. But i feel like I'd like it for the first month, then meh.

Are you going to get an exterior mods?
Fifteen52 spoiler cups? front splitter? Widebody? wheels?

I've spent too much time planning one out... I love them, but I don't want to drive fwd in snow anymore. Hoping the 2016 AWD RS will be affordable...

Exterior will be pretty conservative. Lowered and some wheels. Maybe the cup spoilers. My favorite exhaust is my friend's. It's an OCD with the J tube muffler delete with the Flowmaster DBX in place of the resonater.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm! That sounds like an interesting exhaust combo

The spoiler cups are really hit or miss. Some cars look amazing, some look like long whiskered cat fish.

What wheels are you thinking?

Carnage281

Reaction score
Nice focus. I remember when I used to hate focuses, but ford has done a great job with the car. Lol if members keep buying focuses this is going to become a focus forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online