Backfiring

RioRedCobra

Reaction score
Sounds like a damn shotgun when I get on it. Car has a tuner, headers, h-pipe w/o cats, flowmasters w/dumps. Also has IMRC deletes. And EGR delete, and cold-air. Everything else is stock. I know its running rich, but wow. Any way to adjust this so it doesn't happen anymore? Is it my tune?

Just bought this car not too long ago, and don't know a whole lot about it yet, but due to the weather really haven't had a chance to drive it until this weekend..

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Thats a tough one. Could be faulty sensor or the tune. Try unplugging a sensor and drive to check results.

OP
OP
RioRedCobra

RioRedCobra

Reaction score
That's what I figure. Guy before me was spraying, and the tune is set up for that. Think it's dumping fuel...

Wild Horses

Reaction score
My 01 was doing this after getting on it hard then downshifting. Wideband ratio would read all the way down to 11.9 sometimes. I was told it was just a cobra being a cobra. Nah. I'm pretty sure my timing chains were stretched or something weird.

If if the tune is set for spray then that's more than likely the issue. Get it dyno-tuned.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online