BAD DAY!! (PICTURES ADDED)

ALITL8

Reaction score
okay, today started with me and my oldest daughter (16) going out and washing the car for the car show. we were going to hang out with each other cause we've been having some hard times. well we get the car cleaned up, get our asses cleaned up and load the car with misc detail goodies. while putting away a few things on our detail trailer my daughter asks to start the car to get the AC going. i hand her the keys and carry on with putting things away.

she goes to the car, steps in with one foot out the door, presses the clutch with her other foot, and turns the key. the car starts and she let out on the clutch only to find that while cleaning it i had put the car in 1st and and released the parking break. well i guess you know what happened then... the car took off at high idle. she hit her mustang, took out the center post of the garage and ended up stopped against the back wall of the garage. the whole time her foot is still hanging out the open door that is being slammed on her foot as she runs into her car and the center post.

the cars and house are pretty beat up but repairable. shes got some bad bruising and swelling on her foot and ankle, is on meds, got an ankle brace and crutches but shes okay. if i get a chance i'll try to get some pics. this time it wont buff out :(

upside is i'll be getting it painted now :nonono:

97GTS

Reaction score
Re: BAD DAY!!

OUCH!! so sorry to hear :'( hope she gets well soon.

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score

97GTS said:
OUCH!! so sorry to hear :'( hope she gets well soon.

thanks... the doc said she got lucky, her foot and ankle could have been a lot worse. to be honest, after seeing it all happen im surprised it wasnt.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score

man sorry to hear that.. glad she is ok though. im sure in a few years or so, you guys will look back and laugh.. sorry to hear about that though man. post up some pics asap!

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score

That absolutely sucks. The main thing is your daughter is o.k.

EThorpe

Reaction score

Ahhh yes, Youth, I've done that back in the day with a guy's car that I was washing for 5 bucks :-[

Right into the garage it went and then a ladder fell from the eve right on the hood! :rant: luckily the guy was cool and just laugh'd. She'll be alright, lesson learned the hard way :)

Foster98GT

Reaction score

Sorry to hear that happened. Man things with your daughter could have been so much worse. Im really gald to hear shees ok and i know you bring the stang back better than ever.

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score

I know most of us here in this board will agree that our cars are VERY important to us. But these are one of those times where I would have my car totaled or stolen as long as my kids come out okay in the end. Material things such as cars don't mean much when compared to a love one. Hope she gets better soon. :)

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score

95CALI-5.0 said:
I know most of us here in this board will agree that our cars are VERY important to us. But these are one of those times where I would have my car totaled or stolen as long as my kids come out okay in the end. Material things such as cars don't mean much when compared to a love one. Hope she gets better soon. :)

surprisingly, all the damage is cosmetic. driver's front fender and door, a set of headlights, fog lights and paint for the whole car and she'll be good as new. somehow the car managed glanced off of everything :dunno: it looked way worse yesterday and while i was watching her crash into everything it hit. luckily i keep a messy garage so when she stopped on the back wall there was all kinds of padding in front of it ;D

she learned that lesson the hard way like EThorpe said ;)

the house is a little beat up (nothin for an ex carpenter to fix **ME**) and the Brat's 97 GT needs a rear bumper cover and a gas door assembly. oh that reminds me, i need a rear bumper cover too.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score

man your going to come out of this deal with some goodies!... good to hear that its only cosmetic though. i cant help but chuckle over the situation even though its not really that funny, i can just see that on americas funniest videos or something.. glad to hear everything is cool though man.. :)

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Glad she's ok, that's whats important.

bet show won't try that again.
now you have a few more projects!

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score

Dalamar said:
now you have a few more projects!

yes i do!!! just what i needed... more shit to do :dunno:

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
well here's the damage :(

001_25a.jpg

020_5a.jpg

023_2a.jpg

024_1a.jpg

025_0a.jpg

the fog light covers just popped right off :headscrat
026_00a.jpg

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
doen not look that bad, but too bad the damage went along side the entire left side. Keep us posted with the repairs.

Spyder

Reaction score
Damn man, that does not look good.

Hows your duaghter doin?
Hope shes okay.

Keep us posted on the progress

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
you might be surprised but the rear quarter panel didnt get much at all. theres a tiny ripple right along the edge of the wheel well... a little filler, a couple of bolt on body panels, some paint and she'll be good as new ;)

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
my stomach hurts a little bit now.

good luck on the fix(s)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95CALI-5.0 said:
doen not look that bad, but too bad the damage went along side the entire left side. Keep us posted with the repairs.

looks bad enough to make me cry :'(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online