Bad luck finally over?

91paxmustang

I been having really bad luck the last two times i been at the track. Back in april i took my 91 mustang gt, that has a paxton blower on it to the track and about a half mile before i got to the gate i mashed it in 3rd and no more tranny. It was a stock t-5 so i knew it would go but wanted to get a couple passes out of it. So about 3 weeks later we decided to go again and i took my almost stock 94 gt. This time i get to the staging line, burnout, and they signal for me to shut it off. Antifreeze coming out from behind my timing cover, blown gasket. So fix that the next day and to the track the following wknd. Finally 4 passes w/o a problem best run a 14.75 @ 94.95mph, some spinning in first. Anybody else with bad luck?

OP
OP

91paxmustang

cant believe no one has had something break at the track......hmmmm...

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
well man, I have been a few dozen times and I guess I have been lucky......I have never had a break at the track :angel:

LI98GT

Reaction score
Only went once about 7 passes, and I don't make that much hp, so I didn't really stress my stang enough to cause any breakage. Out of the 17 cars that ran that day, an 03 Mach 1 grenaded his rear when I was next in line, if that counts. During his last few burnouts on DRs, only one side was spinning and was told about it, but he tried the runs anyway. Rear cover stayed on, so no mess, but he did get towed out of there and a trip to the local speed shop. Don't know if it's going to make any difference long term for me, but I put on a rear girdle to help support things better for my 8.8. Going to be ordering some Nitto DRs soon to help try and reach my goal of getting in the 13s.

OP
OP

91paxmustang

Damn, yeah it happens, it really sucks when it does. My friend has a 90 notch that he also broke, he was going up a slight hill and it broke his transmission in fourth gear, it came all apart. His bell housing exploded, driveshaft came off, he had trans fluid all over in the car, and his arm which got a little burnt. My transmission fortunately only sheared off the gear and locked up the rear wheels from all the pieces in the housing. Heres a picture of my transmission that broke.

[attachment deleted by admin]

ripper

Reaction score
Yikes :eek: Ive been towed a couple times. Destroyed a belt first time. Blew a headgasket. Threw a rocker off the follower. Stretched a piston. Got towed with the belt and piston but drove it home with the blown headgasket and rocker screwed up. Yea thats racin :dunno:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online