Bad throw out (clutch release) bearing?

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
hey guys, well i am almost positive something in the driveline (around the clutch/tranny area) is going bad.. yesterday, when i would press the clutch pedal IN, it would make this very loud whine noise... it only does it until the car is warmed up fully. I've been reading and people are saying that symptoms of a bad throw out bearing are when the clutch pedal is NOT pressed in... and when the car is driving, it should still make the noise...

well in my case, my car is:
1. whining at a stop with clutch pedal pressed in
2. doesn't whine when im driving
3. only whines at startup, stops when the car is warmed up...

heres a video, tell me what you guys think it could be. i went to a tranny shop that knows there stuff pretty well and he told me right off it was a throw out bearing.. but im just wanting conformation. anyone ever replaced there's either? how hard is it?

<a href=http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/TxStanG64/?action=view&current=P1010369.flv>Movie</a>

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
that thang is LOUd...when my throwout bearing went out, it was louder than that, but sounded similar...but mine made noise all the time when the clutch was out. maybe its the pilot bearing or whatever its called. :dunno: but i think it is probably your throwout, so just replace the entire clutch while you are down there, thats what i did.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
i want to replace the clutch, with a spec stage 2 but iono if ill have the money because if i do that, i want to go ahead and do the flywheel as well. i wish everything was free lol. :-\

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
you can always go with the King Cobra...thats what i did, i think it cost me like $160, and its awesome

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
id replace the clutch, obviously throwout bearing, machine flywheel and get an adjustable cable kit.
i wouldnt do the adjustable cable, but i would do the clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster...

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
dangggggg i need some serious mulah!.... i have about 350 dollars to spend i would guess? but man.... i wasn't counting on buying a clutch anymore. i want a tune. i've applied at home depot and lowes, cvs (literally 1 minute from my house, walgreens, and about 3 other random places)

im going up to home depot probably tomorrow because my parents talked to them and they said they need a cashier... so im cool with doing that. so hopefully, that money will be rollin in soon.

but for sure its a throw out bearing guys? because iono if ill have the money or my dad will want me to buy a whole clutch setup, adjustable quadrant, and flywheel..

oh and i finally got him to get me the Felpro intake gaskets (upper and lowers) :dancing6: :dancing6: Maybe, just maybe my car will be running like it used to in a few weeks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online