Bad tire mojo...

PinkieT

Reaction score
Put brakes and four new Coopers on my daily driver in July. Last week, had a vibration. It didn't change when I swerved so knew it wasn't wheel bearing. Took it to the shop and found one tire had pothole damage, which caused the vibration, and another tire had a nail near the sidewall that couldn't be patched. Dumba$$ me didn't get road hazard protection in July! Dealer made me an offer - buy one tire, then buy road hazard on all four tires (total cost less than the second tire) so I did. Good thing - a week later running down the interstate hit something and by the time I got it safely out of traffic the sidewall was ruined. Sure glad I got the road hazard coverage, and the dealer wasn't - they had to replace a week old tire for free!

What are the odds of wearing out two sets of tires, then having three tires on the third set go bad in less than two months???? :mad:

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I think you got a good deal on the roadside hazard protection! It seems like (in my life at least) that tire incidents happen in conjunction with each other. I can go 2 years with no issues, then in a weeks time it seems like my car, my girlfriends car and my work truck has a flat in the same week. I haven't looked back on your other thread, but have you found a sn95 for yourself yet?

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
Not yet. Was in Cuyahoga Falls tonight at Don Stitts, drove a 20k mile all stock 98 Cobra. Too much money and too boring. Still looking, but have a prospect in mind that is over 6 hours away.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Good deal, sounds like the hunt is on. I actually drove a stock 96 cobra last year and really didn't notice the extra horses over my 96 gt. I think you have to romp on them pretty hard to get the full effect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online