Ballistic's 1997 GT

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Car looks amazing man, that drop was much needed. And in my opinion i agree with a little lower in the front, front chin spoiler, and the bigger tips would look really nice.

BOOOSTD

Reaction score
Car looks great, but I wud go a smidge lower in the front. I would also paint the lower rear valence black which will tie in nicely with your theme.

For the tank cover, I used a truck bedliner spray (smoother kind) and it came out awesome! What I like about it is that it filled in some inperfections and light scratches from previous owner. Cover looked brand new when I was done and I get asked what I used all the time. Just giving you some other ideas/options. I can post some decent pics if your interested of the before and after.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Thanks, i have thought about wrapping the lower valence don't think i want to comment to painting it.. and then painting the gas tank cover deep black like tony did.

Haven't thought about it but you're right the front could come down a bit more.

I dont know why ford did away with the black valance after 96' I think it gives great contrast to the rear. Yeah if the nose was down a tad it would be perfect, still looks great.

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
wRyeUVJ.jpg

Put 1/4" spacers on for now, still need to clean the wheel wells and spray some Adam's Invisible Undercarriage Spray, also had to take off the quad shocks forgot to tell ford to remove them..

Also need to figure out what i want to do for brakes not sure i wanna spend 3k on willwoods (definitely want black rotors) and maybe a new cat back, thinking about getting a O/R Mac Prochamber as well..

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
Just got back from mexico for a week for my work, so many SN95s just beat to shit down there makes you want to bust a tear :(.

Anyway before i left i was rolling around my work and went up a slight bank and the suspension flex just went too much and pushed my rear tire into my fender

yBK02Jo.jpg

Lower your car they said.. Anyway there goes a 300 dollar tire :( Got a new one mounted today and got my fender roller out and started on it what a ***** to roll these ones compared to other ones i have rolled, and in one spot got some seam sealer making it not want to move, almost seems easier to take some good pliers and slowly move along it bending it up..

whole new manifold back exhaust in the works in the next week or two :D

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
Danggg that sucks about the tire. I need to roll my fenders too. Any tips/tricks for rolling them?

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
Danggg that sucks about the tire. I need to roll my fenders too. Any tips/tricks for rolling them?

I cut some seam sealer that was holding me back from rolling them anymore, it was a pain in the ass to roll them they just didn't want to move with my roller

Used a crescent wrench to help get some parts started especially around the spot welds. Then i finished back off with the roller

VoScuEw.jpg

(half way thru rolling them)

Cant wait to start on my new exhaust and clean that eye sore up.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Just got back from mexico for a week for my work, so many SN95s just beat to shit down there makes you want to bust a tear :(.

Anyway before i left i was rolling around my work and went up a slight bank and the suspension flex just went too much and pushed my rear tire into my fender

yBK02Jo.jpg

Lower your car they said.. Anyway there goes a 300 dollar tire :( Got a new one mounted today and got my fender roller out and started on it what a ***** to roll these ones compared to other ones i have rolled, and in one spot got some seam sealer making it not want to move, almost seems easier to take some good pliers and slowly move along it bending it up..

whole new manifold back exhaust in the works in the next week or two :D

That sucks man sorry to hear, A lot of the roads I have to travel everyday are way-to messed up for any "stanced"/slammed car which is one of the many reasons I am happy with my current stance. Too low just isn't practical, especially here. Their are pictures of the cars stance when I got it in 2013 on my page, it was slammed at the time. It came from an area with flat planes and it absolutely hated the roads near me at that level.

Glad to hear your exhaust is going in, cant wait to hear it. What did you wind up going with?

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
That sucks man sorry to hear, A lot of the roads I have to travel everyday are way-to messed up for any "stanced"/slammed car which is one of the many reasons I am happy with my current stance. Too low just isn't practical, especially here. Their are pictures of the cars stance when I got it in 2013 on my page, it was slammed at the time. It came from an area with flat planes and it absolutely hated the roads near me at that level.

Glad to hear your exhaust is going in, cant wait to hear it. What did you wind up going with?

Yeah it sucks at times, if i had the trunk space i would of went with air ride. One of these days ill have to get another DD, thinking a old 2008ish dodge charger police one with a hemi.

I went with the Mac Pro Chamber, Borla Stingers, and MF tips. Ill have a friend at his shop bend all the Cat back.

Jealous of those sexy bilsteins. I bet your car rides great

I love them even though they are Little Bumpy and are a bit more stiff, but when you take corners fast they are amazing.

BOOOSTD

Reaction score
Sucks about the tire and a fender roll is on my to do list, but I'll be honest and say I'm chicken to roll it and wreck my original paint. Some of my buds have had their paint crack which I fear. Your car looks great!

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Sucks about the tire and a fender roll is on my to do list, but I'll be honest and say I'm chicken to roll it and wreck my original paint. Some of my buds have had their paint crack which I fear. Your car looks great!
Speaking of rolling fenders I just rolled mine for the first time, it isn't that hard. I just made sure the paint was good and warm and took my time to get it right and my paint didn't crack.

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
When i rolled mine, i just let it sit in the sun and get warm while i went to the tire store to mount my new tire. I had no cracking or anything. If its not warm then just use a heat gun.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Yeah it sucks at times, if i had the trunk space i would of went with air ride. One of these days ill have to get another DD, thinking a old 2008ish dodge charger police one with a hemi.

I went with the Mac Pro Chamber, Borla Stingers, and MF tips. Ill have a friend at his shop bend all the Cat back.

I love them even though they are Little Bumpy and are a bit more stiff, but when you take corners fast they are amazing.

Sick man, This guy at my track has a 2008 R/T charger with a roots supercharger on it. It runs 11.4s in the quarter. At 500 DA. Sick car. Sounds great. Hope to see some vids of the new exhaust soon.

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
Sick man, This guy at my track has a 2008 R/T charger with a roots supercharger on it. It runs 11.4s in the quarter. At 500 DA. Sick car. Sounds great. Hope to see some vids of the new exhaust soon.

Thats awesome. Should have the exhaust done today, and ill post some videos later.

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
Had the floor jack out trying to find out whats leaking now, thought i would take a photo of my exhaust setup.

i-3nNMXTc.jpg

I took a video the other night but turned out to be shitty quality.. Will try and do one later.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Nice work man! How do ya like the stingers? I have them on my 95 with an offroad H and longtubes. Love it. I recently lowered mine a little more, my rear tires rub on the fender lip now..

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
Nice work man! How do ya like the stingers? I have them on my 95 with an offroad H and longtubes. Love it. I recently lowered mine a little more, my rear tires rub on the fender lip now..

Im loving them, definitely more throaty and an upgrade from Super 44s. Was a little worried when i first got them with how thick/big they were, but with the custom cat back they were able to get it real nice and tight against the body. Its pretty rare now when i scrape :D

Gonna try and work on a exhaust video in a little bit.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Haha yup, they're large. I thought they sent me ricer fartcan mufflers when I opened the box hahaha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online