i-RPb4rj5.jpg

i-wNVrbSz.jpg

i-rr269Dh.jpg

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
Starting my audio upgrade in the next week or two, ordering parts and getting stuff ready.

Adding a 2nd battery in the trunk, thinking about powder coating this optima battery holder BK59, then ill do the Big 3 Upgrade under the hood with a Cole Hersee Smart Battery Isolator

dTuUmw2.jpg

JolBHPV.jpg

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
8WvYOA4.png

Got it all sandblasted at work, Used glass instead of sand though.. Now its ready for powder coat!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Please tell me your gonna powder that clear as good as it looks raw?!?!?

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Polish it and then clear it! By the way, where did you get that hold down? I need one of those.

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
Please tell me your gonna powder that clear as good as it looks raw?!?!?

Well the plan was to use BK59 powdercoat its a Black Texture Semi-Gloss, but now im not 100% sure..

Polish it and then clear it! By the way, where did you get that hold down? I need one of those.

That was the first plan for it, but changed my mind.. It came out of my 1967 Mustang eleanor kit car (rebuilding the whole thing) I spent some time on google and could not find anything close to what it looks like but i did find a bunch of other mounts like it just google something like "optima batteries tray" and go to images you'll see a bunch.

Before i pulled it:
qbGcqAf.jpg

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you search, there is a kit to put an optima inside the fender up front on our cars

If I wasnt relocating mine I'd do it in a heartbeat!!!!!!

Kdezines and amp performance makes em if I remember right.

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
Was screwing around the other night with my GoPro. Was a little worried about doing any fast passes due to this street being known for street racing and cops..

[video=youtube;uGy7omIxTrE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGy7omIxTrE [/video]

Not my best work but thought id share..

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Was screwing around the other night with my GoPro. Was a little worried about doing any fast passes due to this street being known for street racing and cops..

[video=youtube;uGy7omIxTrE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGy7omIxTrE [/video]

Not my best work but thought id share..

Sounds good man. What exhaust setup did you wind up going with again?

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
Sounds good man. What exhaust setup did you wind up going with again?

Thanks, i need to do one on the car or something next..

MAC Offroad Pro Chamber, Borla S-Type Mufflers, and Magnaflow Tips. Had friends at their shop bend the other pipes and weld it all in.

6heeYoY.jpg

(sway bar is now is a silver steeda one)

Kibjhp6.jpg

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Thanks, i need to do one on the car or something next..

MAC Offroad Pro Chamber, Borla S-Type Mufflers, and Magnaflow Tips. Had friends at their shop bend the other pipes and weld it all in.

6heeYoY.jpg

(sway bar is now is a silver steeda one)

Kibjhp6.jpg

Nice! Looks good! An in car video would be cool as well. Ive been considering getting a Go-pro for next season.

So what are your thoughts on the new setup sound wise? it seems the go pro picks up sound better then my cellphone ever could :tongue3: lol. A video gives a good idea but can never truly compare to seeing in-person.

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
Nice! Looks good! An in car video would be cool as well. Ive been considering getting a Go-pro for next season.

So what are your thoughts on the new setup sound wise? it seems the go pro picks up sound better then my cellphone ever could :tongue3: lol. A video gives a good idea but can never truly compare to seeing in-person.

I love it, way better than flowmaster, It turns way more heads when i step on it, and i can hear it echo a lot better.. Its gotten me alot more complements.. cost alot more than flowmasters but worth it in my mind..

Im using a external Mic for my GoPro gives a little better sound, but like you said a video can never give full effect vs being in person.

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
Finally got time to put in the 2nd battery in the trunk for my stereo..

Just used Nut Zerts to bolt down the battery cage, still need to hook my idolator up in the engine bay to connect to charge the rear battery and keep the front one separate, for right now im just running my stereo off the battery and charging it every night. Still need to do a little more cable management and find a spot for a breaker for the wire running up to the front, but very happy with it.

Still getting a little engine noise but much better than before, i feel ill need to ground the stereo deck to the rear battery or something but ill dig into that later..

01-2016-0i2x30fE54v.jpg

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
That system must be crazy! How much more awesomeness has the second battery provided compared to just the single? Worth it? My daily has 2 10's housed in glass powered by an american legacy amp. Single battery. Nothing too crazy yet, cant add more power/amp-age until i sound dampen the trunk. Every so often the bass makes the trunk-open light turn on LOL. 90% of the time its a false but once or twice in 5 years it actually opened! Lmao.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Am I seeing that correctly that you put a red top under the hood and then added a yellow top in the back? Did you install an isolator?

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
That system must be crazy! How much more awesomeness has the second battery provided compared to just the single? Worth it? My daily has 2 10's housed in glass powered by an american legacy amp. Single battery. Nothing too crazy yet, cant add more power/amp-age until i sound dampen the trunk. Every so often the bass makes the trunk-open light turn on LOL. 90% of the time its a false but once or twice in 5 years it actually opened! Lmao.

Its done wonders for the system, before i noticed i had a 60amp fuse for the whole system before and with the new system i went with a new distribution block with fuse block built in and checked my manuals and each amp needed a single 100amp lol.
And even then when the bass hit hard when driving my Speaker amp would turn off from not getting enough power. even with my 200amp alternator. I did screw up in the beginning and installed 4gauge to the trunk because that's was the biggest i had in spools of wire. Once i get the isolator in i can basically run the system with the car off and not have to worry about my starting battery. For me i think it was definitely worth it. My system doesn't do anything crazy like that yet, i got my specs for my system in the First post of this thread..

Am I seeing that correctly that you put a red top under the hood and then added a yellow top in the back? Did you install an isolator?

You are seeing it wrong, The photo with the redtop was from a 1967 Mustang that i took the battery mount from. From my understanding Yellow/Blue top are deep cycle and red is not, so that's why i went with yellow. And i have the isolator, just have not installed it yet. For the time being im just putting my Optima battery charger on it every night until i get time to mount this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LMGPHW2 isolator under the hood.

I do have another grounding/engine noise question but ill bug you about that later.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yes correct and mixing a deep cycle with a standard battery is really never recommended and would only work with that isolator. Be happy to help with noise/ground questions feel free to pm me or start a post in the electrical section.

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
Just a few random photos from the other day, I really need to polish my exhaust tips..

i-h2WgHQz.jpg

i-x46QM2G.jpg

i-N6qnCMF.jpg

i-62CfxKz.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online